The search application allows visitors to search your website or the web from within your site/blog. This means that the user does not have to leave your page or even open a new tab/window. It uses google custom site search to search within your website/blog and shows the result in a bottom docked panel without making the site unresponsive. When the user clicks on any link in the search result the page is opened in new tab.
Follow the procedure to install Custom Site Search for you blog/site.
- Download custom-site-search.zip
- Unzip custom-site-search.zip and upload
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Drag Drop the Custom Site Search widget to your sidebar according to your need.(goto Presentation-> widgets)
- Customize and Register your widget(FREE!) by visiting socialbar.BumpIn.com (If you have not already registered)
- Paste the code you got from BumpIn website in the text box and click the “Save Changes” button
- Verify your email address used for registering at socialbar.BumpIn.com and set your password by clicking on the link sent to your email account
- Re-customize your widget by logging in at socialbar.BumpIn.com using your email address as your login name
- If you re-customize the widget from the SocialBar admin panel, the changes would automatically be reflected on your site/blog
- If you forgot your password you can reset it from http://socialbar.bumpin.com/site/forgot_password/ by verifying your email id
- Ask your questions by mailing us
Contributors & Developers
“Custom Site Search” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.