Often times you use custom post types as bits of content but don’t want people to view them individually, outside their context, or search for them. This plugin does just that, allowing you to choose to redirect people to a different page, and even overwrite search results, on a granular, per-post basis.
This is useful, for example, if you have Staff as your custom post type, for example, but don’t want anyone visiting the single of that staff and instead want them going to a staff overview page.
1. Checking “Prevent” next to a custom post type will not allow any single views of that type, and will redirect viewers to another page of your site.
2. Selecting the redirect page will redirect viewers of that single to this page – by default they will be redirected home.
3. Selecting a search overwrite page will replace that custom post type’s results on the search page with your desired page; it will overwrite the permalink and the excerpt.
- Upload CPTLockdown.php or the ‘CPTLockdown’ directory to your ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the Custom Post Down Lockdown plugin through the ‘Plugins’ page in WordPress
- Navigate to “Tools” -> “CPTLockdown” in your WordPress admin backend to use.
Contributors & Developers
“Custom Post Type Lockdown WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added a custom redirect URL if you wanted to redirect somewhere other than a WP page.
- Vou por ai a procurar rir pra não chorar.
Neither Yonatan Reinberg nor Social Ink are responsible for any security, access or other problems encountered with the use of this plugin. Here’s the legalese:
The materials on Social Ink’s web site, including this plugin, are provided “as is”. Social Ink makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Social Ink does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Social Ink or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials, including this plugin, on Social Ink’s Internet site, even if Social Ink or a Social Ink authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.