This plugin enables custom fields in revisions and makes preview work as expected when using custom fields (Means that custom fields are NOT saved to original post when clicking that Preview button).
- Saves revisions of the values in your custom fields (created by other plugins or native)
- The fields are displayed on revision screen along with Title, Content, Excerpt
- Using restore on the revision screen also restores the defined fields
- Has various options to define which fields are saved in revisions
- BONUS: When previewing a post/page the plugin prevents the fields being saved to the original post.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Set up which fields should be handled by the plugin under Settings / Custom Field Revisions
If you want the “Compare revisions” feature in WordPress to show differences in your custom fields there is a patch included in the assets folder. The plugin will work fine without this hack but for now this is included until I find a way of acheiving the feature. Use at own risk! 🙂
You need to apply the revision.patch to wp-admin/revision.php and check the box under Advanced section in the plugin settings page to get it working.
IMPORTANT: Do not check the box UNLESS you have applied the patch. It will make the plugin work incorrect.
- Do you know of any good plugin to handle custom fields?
Contributors & Developers
“Custom Field Revisions” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Added “Using core hack” option to settings replacing constant variable in main class to simplify plugin updates
Made plugin work without core patch
Custom Field Revisions first release