As of May 2015, this plugin has been shifted over to Github due to the shutdown of Google Code. Active development will occur in Github; the SVN repo will be only updated perfunctorily per WordPress requirements when there is a new tagged version.
The most recent SVN version of the code is located at:
The most recent Git version of the code is located at:
- Fixed error renaming custom fields.
- Fixed error renaming custom fields.
- Repacking things because previous changes were not picked up.
- Fix for dropdown/radio buttons
- Returning to the banal world of scandir after a sunburned excursion to FilesystemIterator
- Support for conditional metaboxes.
- Added unit tests for SP_Post class.
- Cleanups of various bugs.
- Fixes bug with pagination in the Thickbox (used for all relation, image, and media fields).
- Adding new Relation-Meta field.
- Various other bug-fixes.
- Fixes a few more minor fixes.
- Fixes glitch in 0.9.7.2 in Summarize Posts shortcode.
- Unit Tests added for Summarize Posts shortcode and operators.
- Added support for cctm_post_form shortcode: now you can have users on the front-end create posts (see feature request 132).
- Added "join" argument to GetPostsQuery::get_posts()
- Added datef output filter for date formatting.
- Added number output filter for number formatting.
- Support for custom metaboxes: you can now put your fields anywhere on the admin pages.
- Added a pattern validator which supports simple patterns and full regular expressions via preg_match().
- Added a Directory field type so you can easily list the contents of a directory.
- Various bug fixes.
- Fixed errors with more complex permissions: capabilities, capability_types
- Increased dropdown functionality, including ability to issue MySQL queries, "bulk" importing, and sortable options.
- Improved compatibility.
- Incrementing version because changes were not picked up by the WordPress repo (?)
- Improvements to SP_Post
- Reworking of the CCTM_Pagination library and documentation.
- Various bugs fixed.
- Improved parser to handle output filters in placeholders.
- Lots of general cleanup to consolidate similar functions.
- Improved examples for sample templates.
- Fixed bug in format string for summarize-posts shortcode.
- Now ready to accept translations. Various minor fixes. Unit testing added (woot).
- Customizations for Right Now Widget added.
- Security vulnerability patched.
- Complex sorting now allowed in GetPostsQuery via 'orderby_custom'
- Various cleanups.
- Release to combat WordPress removing the plugin from their repository for licensing dispute.
- Lots of fixes to the request_filter, search_filter
- Date fields now support times and datetimes!
- Preparing for i18n!
- Quick cache added (issue 351).
- Bugs with duplicating fields fixed. (unreported)
- Added ability to change field types (e.g. from dropdown to multiselect or from textarea to WYSIWYG) -- (Issue 318)[http://code.google.com/p/wordpress-custom-content-type-manager/issues/detail?id=318]
- Added ability to format multi-selects as a multi-select field instead of just multiple checkboxes.
- Fixed interference with WP_Query
- Added ability to standardize custom fields for foreign post-types.
I forgot all the stuff I did for this one, but it must have been really cool.
- Added new "Post Content" widget (beta)
- Fixed several problems with Summarize Posts (including shortcode execution)
- Added Summarize Posts Widget
- Fixed pagination issue with Relation thickboxes.
- You can now mark fields as required!
- Improvements to GetPostsQuery on large data sets.
- Lots of small fixes
- Fixed (Issue 279)[http://code.google.com/p/wordpress-custom-content-type-manager/issues/detail?id=279]: greater compatibility with translation plugins.
- Fixed (Issue 293)[http://code.google.com/p/wordpress-custom-content-type-manager/issues/detail?id=293]: new global setting to prevent unnecessary rows in the wp_postmeta table.
- Fixed (Issue 294)[http://code.google.com/p/wordpress-custom-content-type-manager/issues/detail?id=294]: incorrect email validation for def. export.
- Fixed (Issue 291)[http://code.google.com/p/wordpress-custom-content-type-manager/issues/detail?id=291]: issue with custom database prefixes.
- Fixed (Issue 288)[http://code.google.com/p/wordpress-custom-content-type-manager/issues/detail?id=288]: incorrect formatting of posts on multi-relation, multi-image, and multi-media fields.
- Fixed (Issue 280)[http://code.google.com/p/wordpress-custom-content-type-manager/issues/detail?id=280]: bug with multi-relation (multi-image/multi-media) fields.
(Issue 276)[http://code.google.com/p/wordpress-custom-content-type-manager/issues/detail?id=276]: Fixes issue with sample templates.
- do_shortcode Output Filter added.
- Configuration options added for Post Selector.
- Bug with Media Selector addressed (Issue 273)[http://code.google.com/p/wordpress-custom-content-type-manager/issues/detail?id=273]
Major release! This REQUIRES WordPress 3.3 due to the changes in the TinyMCE implementation.
- Integrated the Summarize Posts plugin: this gives all kinds of power to searching for posts.
- All fields can now be "repeatable" so you can select multiple values, e.g. images, relations, textareas...
- Cleaner Ajax implementation Issue 226. This should make the plugin work better on sites with customized folder structures.
- You can now configure search parameters to determine which posts are available in your post-selector for relation, image, and media fields.
- Removed directory caching option (no longer needed due to code rewrites).
- Now supports "repeatable" fields: you can select multiple images, media items, or relations.
- Code-cleanup in preparation for supporting 3rd party custom fields and the merging of the Summarize Posts plugin.
- Fixed bug with tags/categories and the "getarchives_where" filter.
- Finally fixed upgrading glitch.
- Fixed glitch with custom hierarchies.
- Adjusted default size of text fields.
- Added support for "Right Now" dashboard widget. Issue 200
- Fixed issues with Categories and Archives: Issue 202
- Fixed Issue 196: Wrong link to plugin's settings from the Plugin's page.
- Fixed Issue 197: I had forgotten to uncomment lines that cleaned up field definitions after merging fields.
- Added support for duplication of custom fields: Issue 174
- Added support for duplication of post types: Issue 173
This is a major release:
- Fixed Issue 187 that affected dropdowns and multi-selects: values were not trimmed before comparison, causing the current value to be unselected.
- Fixed Issue 88 that prevented certain UTF8 characters (e.g. Polish) from being saved correctly in multi-select fields.
- Updated Output Filter functionality. See Output Filters in the wiki or Issue 162 and Issue 183 in the bug tracker.
- Added "Wrapper" and "Default" output filters. See Wrapper and Default in the wiki.
- Custom Fields can now implement their own settings page. Issue 161
- Improved help pages on the project Wiki.
- Improved import/export of CCTM definitions.
- Settings page added to give control to the users. See Issue 72.
- New menu icons! See Issue 30.
- Large menu icon now displayed when you edit or create a post type Issue 136.
- Fixed 2 issues Issue 52 and Issue 180 that caused wp_insert_post() to fail in different circumstances.
- Implemented Feature 178: submenus added to the post_type menus.
- Fixed Issue 168 that was preventing the admin user from unchecking "Rewrite with Permalink Front"
- Now CCTM is compatible with the Gravity Forms plugin per Issue 155
- General cleanup of the plugin's directory structure; general move towards MVC organization of all files.
- Finally added some appropriate images to the footer of the admin pages.
- Implemented more advanced dropdown and multi-select options where users can now optionally store distinct values and labels for each option. See Issue 150.
- Revisited Issue 146, discovered WordPress is adding slashes to $_POST, $_GET, $_COOKIE, and $_SERVER arrays (see this article. WHY IS WORDPRESS DOING THIS???
- Fixed some lingering PHP notices in date.php (whoops).
- Added method for Custom Field PHP classes to let each field add JS/CSS to the manager via the "admin_init" function. See Issue 71.
- Cleaned up PHP notices when creating a "Date" custom field.
- Added checks for incompatible plugins Issue 122
- Fixed Issue 145 so you can now include HTML in default values for text and checkbox fields.
- Added support for clean custom field un-installation:Issue 145.
- Fixed Issue 144 so now you can define content types (i.e. post_types) that use numerical names.
- Fixed Issue 143 that prevented proper searching on the front-end.
- Fixed Issue 142 custom post types can now be ordered correctly using the "Order" attribute.
- Fixed Issue 139 that affected editing the names of custom fields -- a new field was created if the name was changed.
- Fixed Issue 138 that affected WYSIWYG custom fields that failed if a content type's main Content block was not active.
- Implemented Feature 126 so that bug reporting is easier: system info is generated for you to cut and paste into the bug report.
- Fixed Issue 114 where custom hierarchies were limited to only 5 items.
- Fixed Issue 115 where the "View Item" label was receiving incorrect values.
- Fixed Issue 121 where Array output filters returned empty string if no options were checked.
- Fixed Issue 123 so that names of custom fields are no longer limited to 20 characters: they now are limited to 255, the maximum possible length given the database column definition (VARCHAR 255).
- Fixed Issue 112 custom page templates were being ignored.
- Fixed Issue 111 with static pages not loading.
- Fixed the archive support -- supporting archives caused pages to 404. This should also correct categories for custom post types.
- Sigh... this is the "correct" release of 0.9.2... !@%# WP repo has thwarted me again.
- Archive support added.
- Bad release with 0.9.1: re-release.
- Typos in editing post_type definition corrected.
- Bugs with media fields addressed, including adding output filters.
- Fixed issue 80 with error-warnings while auto-saving.
- Handled nebulous case with default value Issue 45
- Added custom field: Multi-select
- Added custom field: Color selector
- Added support for customized hierarchical post-types Issue 9
- Fixed mistake in escaping quotes in post_type definitions and custom field definitions.
- Fixed bug in sorting custom fields Issue 70.
- Permalink functionality fixed by flushing rewrite rules after register_post_type()
- Flash messages are now stored in the $_COOKIE array instead of $_SESSION to be in keeping with WordPress' simplistic "stateless" parlance.
- Date field added, including support for PHP eval of default value.
- CSS classes and ids updated (all instances of "formgenerator" were replaced with "cctm").
- Import/Export functionality added.
- Checking of valid image icons was disabled due to problems with segfault in some server configurations see Issue 60
- Bug with page-attributes fixed: you can now correctly enable page attributes for custom content types.
- Support for Post Formats added.
- Support for Output Filters was added.
- Template functions
print_custom_image were removed in favor of using Output Filters.
- The FormGenerator class removed in favor of simpler PHP pages.
- More CRUD-like interface for creating and editing custom fields one at a time.
- Object-Oriented class structure implemented for custom fields in accordance with future plans for more field types
- Drag and Drop interface added for Custom Fields to change sort order
- Added support for built-in taxonomies (Categories and Tags).
- Fixed unreported bugs affecting custom tpls.
- Fixed bug causing popup thickbox to load incorrectly: Issue 17
- Styling for the manager updated to match what's used by WordPress 3.1.
- Greatly improved administration interface including support for icons and a series of tabs for dividing the multi-part form for creating/editing content types.
- Reduced MySQL requirements to version 4.1.2 (same as WordPress 3.1) after feedback that the plugin is working fine in MySQL 4: issue 28
- Fixed typos in CCTMTests.php re the CCTM_TXTDOMAIN: issue 29.
- Added optional prefix for template function get_all_fields_of_type(): Issue 26
- Three new template functions added per Issue 25
See Template Functions in the wiki.
- Fixes bad CSS declaration: issue 1
- Fixed omission in sample template placeholders.
- Resubmitting to placate WP's repository.
- Resubmitting to placate WP's repository.
- Customized manager templates. This is useful if you need to customize the manager interface for the custom fields.
- Updated sample templates under the "View Sample Template" link for each content type.
- Added image/media uploading functionality directly from the custom fields.
- Control buttons now at top and bottom of manage custom fields.
- Links to bug tracking / wiki for this project.
- Some basic HTML cleanup.
- Moved some files around for better organization.
* WordPress 3.0.4 fixed some bugs that affected the functionality of this plugin: now you CAN add custom content posts to WordPress menus.
* WordPress has not recognized the updates to this plugin (apparently due to a glitch), so currently the only way to get the most recent version of this is to check it out via SVN.
- Fixes problem saving posts. The problem had to do with wp-nonces and the admin referrer was being checked, but not generated, so the check failed. Oops.