WP Cookie Banner is a free WordPress plugin that provides simple ‘Implied Consent’ compliance with the EU Cookie Law. Full customisation and styling for the banner is available through the dedicated Settings page within the Admin Dashboard.
Our initial release of the plugin also includes a helpful ‘Testing/Development Mode’ that keeps the banner in place on the front-end so that it can be styled and tested easily. Full list of features and settings available:
- Ready to use banner design that’s both responsive and retina compatible.
- Testing/Development mode for convenient testing and styling.
- Set the number of days before the banner is shown again to the same user.
- Set how many seconds the banner should be displayed for, before fading out.
- Dynamically select and link your banner to an existing CMS page that elaborates on Privacy and Cookies.
- Customise the short message displayed within the Cookie Banner.
- Modify and choose to migrate the banner’s default CSS onto your own stylesheet.
You can follow and contribute to WP Cookie Banner on GitHub where the latest version can be found. Creare have also published many other free WordPress plugins which are available here on WordPress, or over on our website.
Installing and using WP Cookie Banner could not be simpler:
- Activate the plugin via the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Navigate to the ‘Settings > WP Cookie Banner’
- Select your pre-made Privacy/Cookies CMS page from the drop-down menu that the banner will link to
- Further customise the banner’s appearance, message and settings from within the single Settings page
- Does this banner comply with the ICO’s regulations?
Whilst the guidelines from the ICO are still vauge, the ICO do permit the use of ‘Implied Consent’ banners. Whilst some big names have opted for ‘Explicit Consent’ banners, others such as the BBC have used the Impied technique which has been adopted for this plugin.
- What is the common reason why the banner might not be loading?
I have it on one of [link removed] my websites and it does the job perfectly and look good.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Cookie Banner” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial release.