This is the plugin to copy text to clipboard on click of a button on desktop browsers and mobile web browsers. It usage flash to auto copy on click of the button, for the browsers where flash is not available, it shows the popup with pre-selected text and user can copy it easily.
– Flexibility to change caption, width, height of the button.
– Option to add a suffix to copied text, by default suffixes your blog url.
[pw-clippy caption=”Copy”]Text to Copy goes here[/pw-clippy]
For more options checkout Installation section.
For more information on how to use or to report any issues/enhancement requests visit http://puzzlersworld.com/wordpress-copy-to-clipboard-plugin/
- Upload the
pw-clipboardfolder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory or use plugin search – Admin > Plugins > Add new > Search for ‘Copy To Clipboard – mobile + web’
- Activate the Plug-in
- Add a the shortcode to your post like so:
[pw-clippy caption="Copy"]Text to Copy goes here[/pw-clippy]
- Test that the this plug-in meets your demanding needs.
- Rate the plug-in and verify if it works at wordpress.org.
- Leave a comment regarding bugs, feature request, cocktail recipes at http://www.puzzlersworld.com/wordpress-copy-to-clipboard-plugin/
- caption, default value=>Copy
- width, default value 50
- height, default value 25
- js, by default sends event to your google analytics account, you can pass empty string to avoid this.
- suffix, by default appends “via at the end, you can pass empty string to avoid this.
For more information on how to use and updates, visit http://www.puzzlersworld.com/wordpress-copy-to-clipboard-plugin.
- Can i change the button caption?
Yes, you can, by passing your caption in the shortcode as caption=”Your Caption”.
- What happens if flash is not supported on browser, like on mobile browsers
In that case, we simply open a popup with pre-selected text. User needs to simply copy it by using Ctrl+C or long press on mobile devices.
Works as it should.
Minus 1 star because you can’t expand the length of the button. Make sure to go to settings and disable “via site copied from” text.
Go back to work. Give us instructions and CONFIG PANEL INSIDE Admin.
Contributors & Developers
“Copy To Clipboard – mobile + web” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
Added settings page
Option to set which link to be appended after copied text.(post/homepage or no link)
Now it will append post page link By default.
- Handling newline, quotes and special characters correctly.
- Showing html popup instead of native browser popup on mobile devices
Changed default width to 50
First version with click and copy to clipboard functionality.