Contact Info Options is a simple WordPress plugin that modifies the contact info fields in the user profile. The plugin gives you the option to disable unused instant messager fields (AIM, Yahoo IM and Jabber/Google Talk) and/or to add additional fields, currently social networking (Twitter, Facebook and Google+) and ScienceCard.
- Download the plugin and unzip it.
- Put the contact-info-options folder into the
- Go to the Plugins page in your WordPress Administration area and click ‘Activate’ next to Contact Info Options.
- Go to
Users/Contact Info Options/to enable the contact info you want to use in the user profile.
- Go to your Profile page. At the bottom of the Contact Info section are the new input fields.
- If you want to add the function to your theme file(s) then use
<?php the_author_meta('twitter'); ?>if it’s INSIDE the loop or use
<?php the_author_meta('twitter', 1); ?>if it’s OUTSIDE the loop. 1 is the user ID. Use one of
- It don’t work – What should I do?
First of all, make sure that the plugin is activated.
Contributors & Developers
“Contact Info Options” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added Google+ and ScienceCard, removed several services
- Updated tags
- Updated readme.txt
- Initial Release