Where can I find the settings to adjust the plugin work after activation?
In the 'Plugin' menu you can find a link to the settings page.
After the plugin installation I haven't adjusted the settings. What is the default email address used for a contact via the form?
The address specified during WordPress installation will be used by the Contact Form plugin as the default one.
How can I add Contact Form to my website?
You should put the shortcode [bestwebsoft_contact_form] into your page or post.
I chose a user via the plugin settings and got this error: "Please enter a valid email address. Settings are not saved."
This means that you made a syntax error.
How to use some other language files with the Contact Form?
Here is an example for the German language files.
- In order to use another language for WordPress it is necessary to switch the WP version to the required language and in the configuration wp file -
wp-config.php in the line
define('WPLANG', ''); write
define('WPLANG', 'de_DE');. If everything is done properly admin panel will be in German.
- Make sure that there are the files
de_DE.mo in the plugin (in the languages folder which is in the root of the plugin).
- If there are no such files you should copy the other files from this folder (for example, for Russian or Italian language) and rename them (you should write
de_DE instead of
ru_RU in both files).
- The files can be edited with the help of the program Poedit - http://www.poedit.net/download.php - please download this program, install it, open the file with this program (required language file) and for each line in English write translation in German.
- If everything is done properly all lines will be in German in the admin panel and in the front-end.
How to add the contact form not in English?
- Add a language in the block "Language settings for the field names in the form" on the plugin settings page.
- Mark the check box (if it's not marked yet) in the block "Change the names of the contact form fields and error messages", choose the necessary tab,click the twistie to expand the list of the fields and fill in the fields. Choose the necessary tab in the block "Action after email is sent" as well and fill in the field. Save the changes.
- You will see the shortcode under the tab with the necessary language. Please paste that shortcode to the page or post.
I'm not receiving messages from Contact Form OR The plugin does not send an email - "Sorry, email message could not be delivered."
Please follow the instructions below:
- Please check the plugin settings '/wp-admin/admin.php?page=contact_form.php' => 'What to use?' => change the lines from wp-mail to mail and vice versa.
- Email messages can be marked as spam on the server. Please choose another email instead of the admin's one ('Use this email:' block) - for example, gmail or similar. If the message is sent, it means that email filtering is set on your server. Please contact your hosting provider.
- Perhaps email sending is not set. You should install an extra plugin called SMTP by BestWebSoft and configure it. Afterwards you should open the "Send A Test Email" tab on the plugin settings page, check an option "Display log", send a test email and you will see if the plugin logs have errors.
Note: If the Contact Form sends letters, but you don't receive them, you can install our plugin Contact Form to DB in order not to lose the sent letters for the time the problem is being solved.
I have some problems with the plugin's work. What Information should I provide to receive proper support?
Please make sure that the problem hasn't been discussed yet on our forum (http://support.bestwebsoft.com). If no, please provide the following data along with your problem's description:
- The link to the page where the problem occurs.
- The name of the plugin and its version. If you are using a pro version - your order number.
- The version of your WordPress installation.
- Copy and paste into the message your system status report. Please read more here: Instuction on System Status