For more information, see Releases.
- Added maxlength and minlength options to several form-tag types.
- Added [count] form-tag type that represents character count for form fields.
- Introduced WPCF7_Validation class to handle the user-input validation process.
- Added the front-end URL normalization for [url] fields.
- Added default:get, default:post and default:post_meta options to get default values from the context.
- Translations for Turkish, German, Portuguese, Dutch, and Hebrew have been updated.
- WordPress 4.0 or higher is required.
- The contextual help tab has been added to admin pages.
- Changed the admin menu icon to "email" dashicon.
- Translations for Croatian, Turkish, and Catalan have been updated.
- Introduced wpcf7_build_query() to correctly apply urlencode to keys and values in URL queries.
- Translations for Portuguese, Spanish, Hungarian, and German have been updated.
- Fixed a bug that caused an error when creating new contact forms in some environment.
- Translations for Portuguese and Croatian have been updated.
- The default mail template changed (see Best Practice to Set Up Mail).
- Translations for Slovak, German, Turkish and Portuguese have been updated.
- WordPress 3.9 or higher is required.