Add Telephone Field to Contact Form 7
This plugin adds telephone field to Contact Form 7 along with masking options.
Please notice that Contact Form 7 must be installed and active.
Masking options are accessible via tag generator panel.
- Upload plugin files to your plugins folder, or install using WordPress’ built-in Add New Plugin installer
- Activate the plugin
- Edit a form in Contact Form 7
- Use [phone your-phone mask:(999)999-9999] or [phone* your-phone mask:(999)999-9999] to add a telephone field
- Use [your-phone] at mail to get the content of telephone field
- Notice that if you add more than one phone field, only the last masking options would be effective
- What is the plugin license?
- This plugin is released under a GPL license.
- How many phone masks is possible to have?
- Even thought one can set several phone fields with different masks, only the last mask will be used.
- What is the alternate mask?
- In Brazil, mobile telephone numbers for São Paulo have 9 digits instead 8 digits as the rest of the country, so this is an option to have more than one mask depending of the area code.
I guess it’s too old.
Using latest WordPress as of May 5th 2016, and it does NOT work. If you’re going to install this plugin, you might as well contribute with those 1-stars.
Until this gets updated and more support, I’m gonna tell everyone to stay away this. Time to find a real solution.
Contributors & Developers
“Contact Form 7 Phone Module” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added ‘wpcf7-form-control’ to phone class as reported by https://wordpress.org/support/profile/bdeleasa
- Fixed fatal error: “Fatal error: Call to undefined function wpcf7_add_tag_generator()”
- Fixed issue where [phone*] made all subsequent fields be treated as required. (Thanks to insertcoinforjoy for reporting it.)
- Added a tag generator panel where users can select their mask. Default mask now is (999)999-9999
- Fixed missing code for validation, all users that use validation must upgrade. (Thanks to biswajeet for reporting it.)
- Fixed wrong path to js, all users must upgrade.
- Improved initialization, thus removing need of test and error messages.
- Fixed displaying of error message and behaviour after error if Contact Form 7 is not present and active.
- Added a test to check if Contact Form 7 plugin is active.
- Initial plugin release.