This “Contact Form 7 email verification” plugin extends the “Contact Form 7” plugin to automatically verify email addresses for all form submissions.
After this plugin is activated, on a form submission..
- The form submission does not get sent but instead saved temporarily (including attachments).
- The sender gets sent an email with a link to click on to confirm their email address.
- Once the link is clicked, the user gets sent back to the website with the form on, and
- the previously submitted form gets sent as per usual for CF7 functionality.
For those interested, you can check out the code on GitHub here.
There are things to still be done..
- Allow verification to be set per form
- Custom from email and name fields per form
Just install and activate as per usual.
There are no settings in the current stable version to change.
This is great, but it would be even better if it …
I would love to hear how you would like to improve it. Let me know here.
I’ve found a bug with it. Who can I tell?
Awesome! As above, just get in touch. Or submit a message on the Support forum.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Contact Form 7 email verification” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Contact Form 7 email verification” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Contact Form 7 email verification” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- resurrected this plugin to work again 🙂
- fixed plugin to work with latest version of CF7
- changed verification email from name to site title and email to admin_email
- Changed hook for cleaning up attachments to only check on form submissions
- Added support for attachments
- Fixed bug on double calling the plugin
- Info message displayed now on clicking the verification link
- The first stable release.