- Responsive, Scalable, Mobile-Friendly, Full Featured Events Calendar
- Allocate and track rooms, people, places & things related to your events
- Allow site visitors to add calendar events that you approve
- One click event sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Email, or wherever you connect
- Gutenberg Block Editor Compatible
connectDaily Events Calendar is a full-featured calendar that can meet the most demanding needs. It offers a huge feature set and add-ons that extend it even further. Give your clients a complete solution that includes responsive views, mobile device support, email and text reminders, resource management, public and private calendars, iCal/JSON/RSS/CSV import and export, social media support, and tons more! You can get started with the free version of connectDaily Events Calendar, and as your needs grow, add features without learning a new system and retraining staff.
connectDaily Events Calendar plugin supports:
- Responsive Month View Calendar
- Public Event Creation (Responsive)
- Mini-Calendars Widget
- Simple List of Events Widget & Short Code
- Responsive Detailed List of Events Widget and Short Code.
- Dynamic calendar filtering by event type, calendar, or location.
- iCalendar (RFC-5545) export widget and short code.
No matter what size organization, connectDaily Events Calendar has the features you need. Casual users will find it easy to use. Mid-sized organizations will find its resource management a great solution for their needs. Enterprise users will find that it handles complex security needs and has features like custom fields and social media integration. Whether you’re a church or synagogue, a non-profit or a business, a university or a government agency, connectDaily is being used by people like you.
connectDaily makes your calendar data accessible. We offer simple list and mini-calendar widgets for side-bars, along with detailed list of events widgets, and responsive full-sized calendars. You can filter by type of event for your site as well: put featured events on your front page, place training events on another page, and community events on another. connectDaily’s unique filtering support in its widgets and short codes make it a snap to bring specific calendar data into different parts of your design. Site visitors can even subscribe using mobile devices or desktop software and have your calendar no matter where they are!
Rock Solid Software with Amazing Support
connectDaily Events Calendar has been under continuous use and development for over 10 years. Thousands of users depend on it to power their web site, and manage their events.
We know that features alone are not enough. Training and support are important. connectDaily Events Calendar provides a manual in online and printable format as well as video tutorials. We can also provide one-on-one training sessions.
We know that you’re busy, and getting problems solved fast is important to you. That’s why we offer forum, email, and phone support to get you running fast.
- Responsive views including month view, and detailed list view.
- Customizable appearance, including colors, fonts. Per item colors for all events.
- Unlimited Events per Calendar.
- Mobile Device Support
- Data Export, and Import
- iCalendar (RFC-5545) for export to iPhone, Google Calendar, Outlook, and many others.
- RSS 2.0 XML
- EventBrite and BrownPaperTicket Events
- Advanced recurrence support including exception dates.
- High performance. Easily handles 10’s of thousands of events.
Premium Features Also Available:
- Unlimited Calendars
- Unlimited technical support including phone and email support.
- Resource utilization planning with conflict checking, approvals and Gantt chart views.
- Attach documents including PDFs and Word documents to events.
- User-defined Fields
- Facebook and Twitter integration
- Public add of events.
- Calendars can be combined to make composite calendars. Any calendar can belong to any number of composite calendars.
- User and Group level security.
- Time Zone Support
- Automatic recurring import.
- Social networking support.
- Geographic Radius Search
- View a complete feature list.
All premium features can be tried for 30 days.
Some of the recurrence types connectDaily can handle are:
- Weekly events (e.g. every Wednesday)
- Monthly Events
- the 2nd Tuesday of each month
- every other Thursday
- the last weekday of each month
- Specific Dates
- Exception dates to recurring events.
Whether you’re looking for a conference room scheduler, or a resource scheduling tool to book rooms, manage vehicles, or audio-visual equipment, connectDaily will meet your needs. When used as a resource scheduler for facility management, connectDaily allows you to assign more than one meeting room to your calendar events. So whether your event uses a single room, or multiple rooms, you can create one event and assign all the required rooms and equipment to that event. It’s the ultimate facility scheduler!
Who Uses connectDaily
- School Districts and Schools to publish their school calendars.
- Universities and Colleges depend on connectDaily’s enterprise features to meet their heavy scheduling management demands.
- Churches, Temples, and Synagogues to communicate, schedule and manage events inside & outside their communities.
- Law Firms and Court systems to schedule upcoming meetings, appointments, and court cases.
- Repair companies to schedule and track work staff.
- Shared workspace offices to manage their conference rooms.
- Vacation rental and resort companies to schedule their rentals.
- Municipal, county, and state agencies use it to inform their communities.
- Libraries use it publish programs and manage spaces.
MH Software, Inc.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
** Please Note **
This plugin is an interface into connectDaily Web Calendar, Copyright MH Software, Inc. While this plugin is covered by the GPL, connectDaily is covered by separate license.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- connectDaily Calendar
- From the WordPress Dashboard, select Plugins | Add New. Search for connectDaily and click on the Install Now button. The button will change to Activate. Click on the Activate button.
- From your WordPress Dashboard, connectDaily | Settings page, select the option to create a calendar, or enter the information for an existing connectDaily calendar.
- Go to a post/page, and select the connectDaily Calendar button in the editor’s toolbar. Follow the on-screen cues to select the kind of short code and insert it.
- To use one of the widgets, go to the WordPress Dashboard, Appearance, Widgets and drag the desired connectDaily widget into your widget area. Configure the widgets using the settings form.
We’ve got a tutorial you can watch here: Plugin Tutorial Video
The calendar shows Monday as the first day of the week. How do I change that to Sunday?
In the WordPress Dashboard, go to Settings | General and change the value for Week Starts On to Sunday.
Some events are showing on the wrong day, or have the wrong time.
This is a timezone related issue. In the WordPress Dashboard, go to Settings | General and verify the value for timezone. If it appears correct, login to connectDaily and go to System | Configuration | Time Input and verify the timezone configured there.
I’ve updated my calendar, but the display in WordPress isn’t being updated.
The plugin uses caching to maximize performance. On average, events will show within 30 minutes. You can temporarily disable caching by going to connectDaily’s settings page.
What are the requirements?
PHP version 5.4.4 or higher.
WordPress 3.4 or higher.
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress Events Calendar Plugin – connectDaily” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
V1.4.4 – 23.06.2022
- Fix an issue that caused the add events form to not work.
- Misc. HTML Validation fixes.
V1.4.3 – 15.02.2021
- Fix an inversion of the checkbox for duplicate recurring events in the Gutenberg blocks.
V1.4.2 – 28.05.2020
- Improve metadata handling for events using resources associated with locations.
- Update compatibility.
V1.4.1 – 04.10.2019
- Fix an issue where the widgets wouldn’t work in the customizer view.
- Add the “show_add_button” back into the shortcode version.
V1.4.0 – 26.01.2019
- Add Gutenberg Editor Compatibility
V1.3.13 – 01.10.2018
- Add work-around for problems caused by Jetpack’s lazy-image loading.
- Default new shortcode insertions to set approved=1.
V1.3.12 – 25.06.2018
- Change individual event iCal links to use http(s):// scheme. Using webcal:// scheme would prompt to create a new calendar subscription.
- Fixed an issue when the detailed event list was shown in a mobile device. The hyphen separating the title from the location was still displaying.
V1.3.11 – 06.02.2018
- Fix error uninstalling plugin.
V1.3.10 – 29.01.2018
- Improve instructions inserted into auto-created calendar page.
- Fix issues in microdata generation when an event was untimed, or the same time as the preceding event.
V1.3.9 – 13.01.2018
- When the system is first configured it will automatically create a calendar page and take the operator to it.
- The month view calendar now displays an Add Events button when running in the WordPress dashboard.
- Added support for connectDaily 5.0 pooled resources to the add event screen.
- Added Schema.org MicroData for Event Details
- The mini-calendar will now allow for CSS to highlight the current day.
- Untimed events now have an additional class of CDUntimed allowing them to be styled differently.
V1.3.8 – 17.11.2017
- The single event details short code will now render Facebook OpenGraph meta tags.
- Fixed an HTML coding issue on the mini-calendar.
- You can now use multiple plugins/external systems with one instance of the connectDaily cloud calendar.
- You can now use event creation from the plugin even if public view of the cloud calendar is disabled.
V1.3.7 – 24.10.2017
- The single event details short code will now look for a date parameter and if found, pass that value to the back-end.
- The detailed list would not show the end date if the end was untimed, even if show_endtimes=1 was set.
- Prevent Widget parameters from going to the cloud back-end.
- Add styling to the mini-calendar for days with events.
- Add PHP Version requirement to readme.txt
V1.3.6 – 15.08.2017
- Add a short code to display a specific event.
- Improve cache handling.
V1.3.5 – 07.07.2017
- Added a search short code and widget to search the calendar.
- iCalendar export for individual events is now available on the detailed list view, and the event details dialog.
- The responsive month view calendar now allows styling the current date’s cell.
- The mini-calendar now styles the current date, or the date last-clicked on if you’re using a target.
- The link title for attachments will be the file name and mime type, rather than just the mime type.
- You can now use a shortcode to insert the mini-calendar into your page design.
- Fix an issue where short code arguments were wrapped in smart quotes.
- Fixed an issue where social network sharing info would be retrieved multiple times.
- Fixed an issue when using mini-calendars with targets in responsive mode. Events would not have a link to details.
- If an event didn’t have a specified end time, then the following day was shown as the end time.
- If you specified a calendar_id for the add event short code, the default calendar would not be selected as stated in the documentation.
- Fixed an issue where the time label would repeat every other time if you had a series of events with the same start date/time.
V1.3.4 – 25.05.2017
- The mini-calendar widget now supports a target attribute. This allows you to display the events for a day in a div on your page, rather than in a popup window.
- Cosmetic improvements to calendar provisioning screen.
- Fix a benign coding error in signup screen, and one in the render single day’s events code.
- Misc. readme.txt updates.
V1.3.3 – 16.05.2017
- Other Options field for widgets now accepts quote and space delimited arguments.
- You can specify date/time formatting options in widget Other options, or on short codes, and those options will be used for date/time formatting.
- The datetime format specified on the settings page would not be used, or displayed on re-entry to the settings page.
- Correctly handle events whose privacy is set as Show Busy.
- Added help links in the widget configuration screens for other options and date/time formatting.
- Add a dismissible request for review.
V1.3.2 – 28.02.2017
- Added a dismissible hint on how to create events.
- Added a dismissible hint on the page/post editor that explains inserting a calendar shortcode. The hint is per-user.
- Fixed a formatting issue on the detailed list when it was responsive.
- Explain resource management better in configuration screen.
- Added documentation links to support screen.
- Added a link to the short code insertion tutorial on the short code insertion dialog.
V1.3.1 – 20.02.2017
- Fixed a problem with the provisioning screen where the spinner broke on some browsers.
V1.3.0 – 16.02.2017
- Added preliminary support for AddThis for social network sharing. If you don’t want AddThis enabled, login to your Cloud calendar, choose System | Configuration | Sync/Export Options and set Enable AddThis Social Networking Support to no.
- The Additional Info URL field is truncated if it’s longer than 50ex, and an ellipsis is displayed. This is done in CSS if you want to make adjustments.
- If you visit the page/post editor after installing the plugin, a hint is displayed on how to insert a short-code. After inserting a calendar short-code or widget, the hint is no longer displayed.
- The add events short code now supports a required_fields attribute to allow designers to mark additional fields as required.
- Added maxlength attributes to text inputs for add events form to constrain user input to DB field size.
- Fixed an issue where the public event creation form was on the same page as another form that was submitted. An invalid request would be sent to the cloud back-end.
- Required fields are now validated as present at the WordPress side before submitting the event to the cloud calendar.
- Added a menu option for support that displays information on receiving plugin technical support.
- Changed the link to the manual to have a caption of Documentation rather than Help.
- Added instructions on how to set the timezone in the cloud calendar if a timezone mismatch is detected.
- Added (optional) placeholder to text inputs on the widgets to show they are not required.
- The create calendar button is disabled and a spinner displayed when it’s clicked on.
V1.2.14 – 04.02.2017
- There is now an option to display event end time for the simple and detailed lists.
- Viewing a single day’s events from the mini-calendars will always show the event end time.
- Viewing event details from the simple list, or a collapsed detailed list will always show the event end time.
- CSS Enhancements: View day popup includes a divider between events. Set word wrap to break on full-sized calendar so calendar won’t overflow container. Add borders to month calendar, and set border-collapse to collapse. Set background-color for off-days in month calendar.
- Disable caching for two hours on install.
- Updated tutorial.
V1.2.13 – 05.01.2017
- Remote Requests were not putting the accept-language header in BCP 47 format as required.
- The create cloud calendar screen now offers options to provision public event creation and import example resource management data.
V1.2.12 – 16.12.2016
- If the plugin is not configured, and the time zone is set to UTC, a warning is displayed.
- Improved transient purge to handle cases where the transient’s timeout record isn’t present.
V1.2.11 – 25.11.2016
- Fixed an issue with date formatting in the single day popup with certain configurations of PHP/WordPress.
- Fixed an issue with responsiveness in the full-sized calendar when using the event type filter.
V1.2.10 – 18.11.2016
- Fix an issue where the PHP version requirement message wasn’t getting displayed.
V1.2.9 – 09.11.2016
- Status notices to WordPress menu and dashboard to guide users through the configuration process.
- Add status notice/messages to menu and dashboard when critical error conditions are detected.
- Changed version handling on script files.
V1.2.8 – 26.09.2016
- Added exclude_ids parameter to event filter short code to allow exclusion of specific ids.
- Fix a problem in the style sheet editor related to attribute selectors.
V1.2.7 – 18.09.2016
- Responsive full-sized calendar now supports dynamic filtering on event type, style, calendar, or location.
- Word, Excel, Publisher, and Zip attachments will now have an icon displayed along with the file name.
- Fixed a problem with date formatting in the view day popup for non-US locales.
- Responsive full-sized calendar: fixed a problem where the time value/format came from connectDaily, ignoring the configured WordPress time zone and format.
- Add workaround for other plugins/themes calling date_default_timezone_set() and affecting time formatting.
- Now using php 5.3.5 with lint script to detect possible incompatibilities.
V1.2.6 – 15.08.2016
- Public event creation form now supports resource selection.
- CSS updates to improve mini-calendar styling with some themes.
- CSS updates to improve add event form with some themes.
- Event creation form submits client address with request.
V1.2.5 – 22.07.2016
- The options for allow_duplicates were inverted in the widget editors.
- The URL wasn’t validating if a username/password were not supplied.
- Fix dropdown initialization issue in widgets.
V1.2.4 – 06.07.2016
- Fixed an issue where a spurious error message would be displayed when changing the URL.
- Fixed an issue where entering a username would be treated as a password/username change.
- Added validations and cleanup transforms to settings URL.
- Add charset=utf-8 to iCalendar and JSON Content-Type headers.
- Minor code cleanup.
V1.2.3 – 20.06.2016
- Fix a PHP 5.3 compatibility issue.
V1.2.2 – 16.06.2016
- Fixed an issue with multi-day events in the simple list when allow_duplicates is enabled. Multi-day events were not displayed on each day.
- Bump minimum PHP version to 5.4.4 because json_encode() doesn’t handle Unicode in previous versions. PHP dropped support for the 5.3 tree in August 2014.
- Encode HTML entities in event description.
- Added error checking for JSON encoding/decoding errors in the cache sub-system.
- Add plugin and php version to user-agent.
- Fixed minor issue in uninstall.
- Fixed an issue with placeholder in date inputs for the add event screen.
- Only queue admin tasks if is_admin().
V1.2.0 – 09.05.2016
- Changed Add Event Screen from IFrame to native responsive form.
- Bump request timeout from 10 seconds to 30 seconds.
- Fixed an issue in single-signon if no username is configured.
- Strip slashes for organization name on host provisioning.
- Also fix month view calendar to keep it from rendering on remote request failure.
- Minor code re-org for Joomla compatibility.