Scan many on-page search engine optimization factors of your webpages, mostly selected from Google webmaster guidelines and PageSpeed rules, as standard.
Where you begin, an overview report for website content, server and design is presented beautifully for easy understanding. To see content report you need to perform easy, one-click scans on your webpages. All published webpages are listed in different post type categories.
When you request a scan, the plugin sends a crawler robot to the webpages and crawls the content along with other related data. Then it processes data and displays a easy to understand report.
The report will contain an overall analysis of the webpage in 7 aspects:
Overall score with social media counts.
On top of everything a rating is given out of 5 stars. Score calculation dependds on matrices taken from popular seo blogs and services. You can change it any time, visiting settings panel. Also you can see Google +1s, Facebook shares and Tweets, and determine social media popularity.
Search engine snippet with highlighted keyword.
A preview of your webpage in search engine rank page result, is given. Remember, Google is progressively reducing rich snippet usage in SERPs. Still it’s included and most used, common keyword is highlighted in
meta description. If no keyword is found snippet looks same.
Most used keywords Analysis and information from text
To better understand your content, you can rely on the extracted keywords (upto 6 words long) and their density percentage. There is an option to enter your focus keyword and analyze it throughly. You can enter it and start the scan to figure out how it is used plain text, in headings, anchors and image alt tags.
Along with that, learn about text to html ratio, text hiararchy and links. In terms of links see internal and external, dofollow and nofollow, text and image links. In that you will better understand if you have missed any content optimization point or not.
Use of Image and page design seo
Search engine expects you have used optimized images in your webpage. This plugin finds out if you have missed any alt tags or not. Moreover, see deep into your image file names and alt tag content size and quality.
Mobile friendly webpages are rewarded by Google, this plugin check responsive webpages it by viewport tag and media queries.
Required information on url and server.
Usage of underscore(
_), question marks(
?) in url creates trouble for for crawler robots, check those too. A reminder on your SSL certificate is mentained. Canonical link is another important parameter of seo, as it prevents confussion of search bots. See a canonical link is there or not.
Other server points are taken from Server scan made seperately and includes relevant header information.
Page specific speed and usability analysis.
Header response time and page downloading time are important parameter and is affected by number of HTTP requests and size of resources to load. Get a detailed view of the factors and see if there is necessity to compress .css and .js files or not.
A sample Facebook snippet using social media tags.
By using social media tags (
og:url), this plugin shows you a sample facebook snippet.
After all this checks are completed, you get a list of actions to be performed for improved seo for each webpage you scan. You just need to click the “ACTIONS” button
at bottom of your webpage.
In near future these features may be added: Video Seo, Spam detection, Rich snippet calculation, Twitter v card, above the fold optimization, sitemap.xml check and robots.txt check.
- You can scan all published pages from various post types, including those you created by other plugins.
- A well document tab is present in every admin page, created by this plugin. Just see them in case you are stuck. If problem is not solved, raise a support request.
- More over, if you know little less about on-page seo, check out free resources ->.
- You can achive optimum balance in seo by analyzing your competitors using this premium extension for competative intel. The demo is included inside the plugin.
Otherwise, just use it and explore more about your website 🙂
How to install latest stable version of plugin and geting it started?
Just as regular procedure for any plugin, please backup your website before you install. It’s just a precaution.
WordPress 4.0 or greater
PHP version 5.3 or greater
MySQL version 5.0 or greater
For automatic installation, when WordPress handles the file transfers:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard
- Navigate to the ‘Plugin’ menu > ‘Add New’ submenu.
- In the search field type ‘Complete Google Seo Scan’ and enter.
- You will see the plugin. View details about it if you like.
- Then you can install it by simply clicking ‘Install Now’.
Follow simple 3 steps
- Unzip and upload
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to ‘Tools’ menu and select ‘Start Here’ submenu.
After you activate installed plugin, you will see ‘Start Here’ link in listed plugin table. Click to go to plugin page to start.
Automatic updates from WordPress repository is very easy as always. Please ensure a backup copy of your website before you update.
- Where to find Help documentation?
It’s available on all plugin pages at right top corner. All possible details are written there.
- Where and when to contact support?
If you don’t find answers in help documentation. Then after seeing following questions, you may contact plugin author in support forum.
- How to see page listing?
For each post type menu there is a “Seo Status” submenu page by the name of a post type. Get inside and you will find related published posts and pages.
- How to use the report?
The report is made user friendly with help suggestions. Also how to fix is included. Click links beside any reported point and see lots of help.
- How do you calculate score?
Score calculation is based on many references one finds throughout reputed sources in interent. If you want to differ, speak your mind in support forum.
- What to do if I get FAILED message, when I scan?
- Check your internet connection is ok or not.
- Check if you are not using local server, “localhost” is not supported.
- Cgeck if the webpage, when viewed is showing error message or notice.
If none of the above is true. then there is chance of a bug. Let the plugin author know with your website home url in support forum.
- Some page(s) are missing in the listing. What to do?
- Try to use page navigation.
- Check non-listed pages are having “publish” status.
Still, if page(s) is/are missing, contact support.
- I need some special features. Can you provide them?
Simply contact support with subject “Feature Request”. It will be easy to find.
- What impact it has on performance?
Almost none. Because this plugin works on admin side completely.
- Tell me about data storage and usage?
Types of data is stored.
- Website wide
- Page specific
On uninstall, the plugin delets all data. The plugin doesn’t collects any data for third party. Everything is entirely on your server.
- Website wide
- Will it work with my theme?
This plugin will work with any theme, unless it creates php errors.
- Is it compatable with other plugins?
It has been successfully tested with many popular plugins. if you find any such issue, notify us.
- I want to donate to the plugin?
Thanks for giving it a thought. But a 5 star rating and shares will be more loved.
I am sick and tired of “free” plugins. Thi plugin has a potential, but the free option actually does not work properly and the author evidently pushes to buy the paid option. My advice: do not offer the free version. Not fair. If you think the plugin is great, have only the paid version.
forget to check your site against the most important SEO directives, going to another site. just do it in your wp dashboard! the best I found! it’s a must have plugin if your’re seriosu about SEO.
Contributors & Developers
“Complete Google SEO Scan” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Stable versions with release date and purpose.
Release Date: October 6th, 2015
1. New graphical data visualization on competitive analysis extension demo.
2. Extension features for nofollow links, bold keywords removed.
3. Response time bug fixed in Server Seo Status.
Release Date: September 16th, 2015
1. 2 bugs fixed: Corrected keyword density formula and UI buttons behaviour, while scan in process.
2. Competitive analysis extension demo inclusion.
Release Date: August 21st, 2015
1. User experience improvements:
– Scan archive pages also
– New report interface with hints
– Removed score filter, chaged time filter
– Changed processing animation
– New web page listing style
– Addition of screen options
2. Increased scaning points from 16 to 29
3. New Notification page for overview
4. Enhanced Code architecture and documentation
5. Includes 5 bug fixes
– To corectly show shares count in webpage listings
– Now supports uppercase tags and attributes
– Server cache and www resolve is improved
– Canonical link extraction and display bug fixed
– After scan, keyword display in page listing change
– snippet keywords applicable on captialized words
– Server scan help suggestions included and report suggestions improved
6. Enhanced focus keyword finding
7. Redesigned content intelligence in “Seo Overview” page interface
8. Screen options for post types included in menu
Release Date: July 9th, 2015
1. Use of Ajax for data-flow.
2. Completely redesigned url input interface and report display.
3. It now Deletes stored data upon uninstall.
4. Includes 4 bug fixes
– On database manipulation for calculating avarage scan time and.
– On conditioning non-links in link formatting object.
– On Social media object, counting likes and shares.
– On link object, deleting non-links having href starting with #.
Release Date: October 2nd, 2013
1. New interface with improved url input, report display.
2. Includes bootstrap tooltip and google charts in reports.
Release Date: August 29th, 2013
More improved scanning.
Release Date: August 29th, 2013
First modified with new scanning features.
Release Date: August 26th, 2013
First Release. For beta testing.