Confirmed 4.2.2 compatibility
WordPress 4.1 compatibility mark
removed all references to in_the_loop, was causing issues with some themes
allowable change to which thumbnail size to use in the thumbnail widget
Title fix for comics so that they display // quick patch, links break otherwise
- Rewrote the code to allow chapters in the URL using a different method
- removed the 'click to view larger image' text when lightbox is enabled
- added a new option to the comic editor in the toggle box, 'comic has map?' for those who want to make image maps for their comics
- moved an option on the navigation tab to it's appropriate location in the default nav section
- allow keyboard navigation jquery to work with the navigation widget and not just default nav
- Added option to disable the keyboard navigation script from running
- added error checking to the first and last in chapter get_terms function in the navigation.php
- edits to the archive-dropdown widget (yes, again) and default navigation archive-dropdown
- edit to the comic-archive list=1 shortcode ref: ps238.nodwick.com's archive
- added parent => 0 to stop the duplicating of info in the comic-archive
- Config section bug fix for saving the graphic navigation dropdown value
- Added some tabs in the comic - config
- Moved the post type name options to the 'archive' tab
- Added a couple of new options that allow you to change the word usage for "chapter" to something else
- resources tables coming from fetched file
- archive dropdown now shows select of the chosen name from the config
- do not display transcripts on the archive and search pages
- the column for the all comics now uses the name chosen for the taxonomy
- change the way the comment value is displayed in the navigation to better support disqus and other 3rd party comment systems
- Comic sidebars now default to being enabled on new installations
- option to add chapter_slug to the URL, replacement for the use of the custom post type permalinks plugin
- fixed bug where you couldn't save the facebook image size
- Added dropdown box to choose which thumbnail goes into the og:image for facebook to recognize
- adjusted the alternate color for the config and moved some alternates around in the css
- new shortcode [randcomic character=character-slug size=(thumbnail/large/full) chapter=chapter-slug name=post-name]
- Changed the og:image size from thumbnail to full so facebook can love it better
- Filter the comic-display-area to be on the home landing page and single pages only.
- do not display the comic blog on alternate set posts pages
- fixed the hovertext entry for in the comic editor for hosts that can't handle syntax
- Added 'link to' box that makes whatever comic is there link to whatever URL you put in the input box
- Added comic archive dropdown shortcode [comic-archive-dropdown] so you can embed that into any post or page
- Added option to enable the default comic navigation to appear above the comic
- Added option to the archive dropdown widget to jump to the archive page instead of the first comic in the chapter
- Fixed bad sort in the archive dropdown widget and jumpto the first comic
1.7 / 1.7.1
- Now properly adds menu_order column to WPMS installs for chapter ordering
- Added toggle in archive chapter dropdown that let's you set it so that the count doesn't show
- changed width of ID column in the chapters editor section to 40px to account for higher iD numbers
- added option to allow comics to be associated with regular WordPress categories
- fixed bug where archive dropdown didn't properly display order (hopefully)
- added before- and after-comic-navigation action locations to place new buttons before and after to go along with the inside- one
- Verifying Compatibility with 3.9 WordPress
- Attempt to fix the language text domain and directory
- Can select which chapter appears on the home page (or all)
- removed click comic for larger version text
- Added option to disable the rewrite rules regeneration
- Add input box for changing the width of the media url as comic
- Use media URL as the comic (still use featured image as the thumbnail for it)
- Apostrophy fix for the keynav.js file
- Fix for the mishit of thumbnail widget messing up the page if not to show on the same page checkmark is done
- Fix for the keyboard navigation if someone wants to type a comment and use arrows in there
- Changed the 'chapter' select to radio instead of checkbox, can only have one chapter selected.
- Added an error message when editing a post that will display if the slug of the comic is numerical.
- JS, added keyboard navigation .js file - auto-on always
- the thumbnail widget when you have multiple thumbs showing now has the wrapper on the outside and individuals inside of that wrapper
- CSS: removed the padding in #comic-foot and on #comic
- Traverse comic chapters with the previous/next buttons (option) in navigation tab.
- Added filter by columns on the comic - (all) comics page.
- The name to show all of the comics is now "all comics" instead of just "comic"
- Welcome back flash comics.
- Fixed a bunch of extra /slashes that were after plugin_path and plugin_url - thanks Eric Merced
- Buy Print/Original shortcode & buttons with IPN to Paypal
- Added Directions and changed the 'set featured image' to say 'Set Comic/Featured Image' in the comic editor.
- fixed plugin path/url code so if someone changes the wp-content directory it will adjust appropriately
- allow ?latest= to be slug, thanks @gladius2metal
- Added Motion Artist comics default CSS to the comiceasel.css
- removed erroneous quote in the admin-meta
- removed extra padding in the #comic-foot in the comiceasel.css
- major fix to admin-meta that was causing screen glitch for editor
- Made a filter to able to change the arguments for the home page comic and mini nav display AND nav widget
- added text-align: center; to #sidebar-over-comic and #sidebar-under-comic, can be overridden with !important
- made a filter for $transcript so it can be htmlspecialchars_decode() if you want to add html to the transcript
- fixed some stray text strings so they can be translated in the admin-meta.php
- permalink / dates now work with the comic post type
- removed title= in the comic calendar widget, which fixes the error messages
- added p.comic-thumbnail-in-archive CSS element to handle the section in the archive/search pages of the thumbnail output
- removed a couple uneeded links in the config
- Support for Jetpack's Publicize and shortlinks for comics.
- Change menu position to 6 if Jetpack comics is activated so they don't overwrite each other.
- Fixed some localization strings being the wrong designation
- added some extra classes to the nav buttons in the default nav so it can be skinned properly
- sep. the comic_display_comic() function into individual parts so it isn't as lengthy to read
- don't check for navigate only chapters button is enabled when there is an option for it already on the random button
- removed w3 total cache transition post cache clear due to new change with w3 total cache
- shortcodes: fixed the 'ordering' of the thumbnail=1 in the comic-archive for list=0
- import: used proper site url find for is_multisite() installs - hopefully
- redirect: adding &comment to the /?latest=# line like /?latest=#&comment will make it add the #respond to the url line to go straight to the comments section
- shortcodes: fixed the 'ASC' 'DESC' display of thumbnails on the list_all list=0 (see first fix in 1.4.2, same thing just fixed the fix)
- CSS: changed the archive pages list-wrap's to be width: auto; to auto determine size available
- Jetpack Photon support, if Photon is enabled, all comic images will be served from the WordPress CDN saving you bandwidth.
- Remove testing code for thumbnails in the related comics section
- changed facebook display function to social_meta and add some twitter meta to it - in testing
- shuffle some logic around in the casthover widget so it doesn't display title if there are no cast members set
- Added support for 'motion artist' comics. Read documentation at comiceasel.com
- Fixed some visual issues on the comic - comics page, where the thumbnail was being cut off
- made the admin-editor.css file enqueue on the comics list page as well
- added 'this day in history' to the thumbnail widget, needs testing
- Added the random comic in navigation to work like the default one if set to chapter only
- Added some arguments to the ceo_comic_archive_jump_to_chapter() function
- make it so the chapter dropdown doesn't show empty chapters it just doesn't work
- check for 404 pages for the thumbnail casthover and comblogpost widgets and do not execute if it's a 404 page, or even page
- added constants-checking to disable features for developers who do not want their users have access
- option to make the random button stay within the same chapter/story
- cleaned up the navigation.php file, removed the 'syndication' part since it's not supposed to be there
- removed unused code from the displaycomic.php file
- redid displaycomic logic and added a whole bunch of error checking
- Option added to the thumbnail widget to set the thumbnail to not display on posts that the thumbnail displays (used to be always) now it default as off
- toggle in comic post editor to allow [all] comics attached to the post to display for the day full sized with or without a jquery page flipper
- COME ON Read the line above! It says MULTI COMIC per day support, not only that it's PER comic post NOT an all or nothing thing.
- removed some taxonomies from having their own feed, caused search engines to freak out
- replaced some home_url with admin_url for admin location links in the admin_meta
- restored the protect/unprotect but renamed them ceo_protect ceo_unprotect, wp_reset_query was having 'issues'
- added injection of the comic-easel version number as a meta tag for the section
- fixed some injection code where it was returning at the wrong time for the post-info
- chapter= argument now works inside cast-page so that you can seperate the casts between different comics
- New widget, which displays mini thumbnails with hovercards of the cast members who are in the current comic - courtesy of Chris Maverick.
- Fixed navigation issues, added another option to navigation widget; It no longer erases the titles when clicking save on first time adding it to the sidebar.
- Cleaned up some coding in all of the other widgets. Replaced most of the protect() unProtect() with wp_reset_query().
- Comic blog post widget now has an Ordering based on the option in the config.
- Revamped the cast-page shortcode, in tables now, also shows most recent comic the character was in, cast-page now accepts order=(asc/desc) and limit=# arguments documentation now available at comiceasel.com
- New debug screen for variables and system information. (for me to help people with mainly)
- New option to enable transcripts to appear at the bottom of posts if the transcript exists instead of using the shortcode. Disable if you want to use the shortcode instead.
- bug fix for default values not setting when plugin updates, if the option for transcripts is enables in the config disable use of the shortcode [transcript] while it's active
- Introducing Comic Easel - Import (comic -> import in the wp-admin)
- Added multi thumbnail plugin coding so you can have 2 images per comic, one teaser image used in the thumbnail widget and wherever else you code it in.
- CSS Adjustments to some of the navigation images
- added esc_attr checks to the thumbnail widget for extra security
- added new list= to the shortcode for [comic-archive list=3] will show yearly archive of comics, all on one page
- Added new list= to the shortcode for [comic-archive list=2] will show a yearly archive of comics split up into linkable pages
- Chapter Order Fields fixed
- Attempt at a navigation fix for the widget for front page ASC/DESC changes
- Also fixed (hopefully) the name change after saving the widget
- Added option to allow making the first comic appear on the home page
- the comic's blog post now will search for content-comic.php in the theme/child themes directory and use that if it exists
- Fixed problem with tags and the archive
- reverted previous change to not showing chapters that were empty in the archive dropdown
- not flushing wp_rewrite on deactivation - should set the permalinks properly now on activation
- Added #blogheader div that appears under the comic's blog post on the home page.
- Made it so that the navigation widget shows up whether the comic sidebars are active or not. They should work in any sidebar now.
- added function ceo_in_comic_category() for a conditional statement to check if the page is in the comic category
- Some additions to the language code, possible fox for the undefined problem with archive comic post types, various css fixes
- Never program while mad at the world ;/ apparently you make some mistakes in backwards compatibility.
- Removed URLRewrite /comic/#date#/ code since it was causing behavior problems
- Fixed the click to next and mini navigation to navigate per the setting in the config all chapters or just in chapter
- Fix for RSS feeds, the problem was the action hook for it
- update: possible fix for clearing cache when custom post type is published with w3 total cache
- Use hovertext as well as comic-hovertext in the meta fields for those coming from ComicPress
- Bug fixes for shortcodes, and placement of shortcodes.
- Chapter ordering is now part of the plugin, if you see any errors report them, deactivate the plugin and reactivate.
- Chapter Navigation (prev/next chapter)
- Various little bug fixes here and there
- Fixed wrong function in filter for archive
- added option for turning off the mininav if it's implemented
- fixed the mininav to not be enabled of on the home page the comic is diabled
- Navigation Widget, Calendar widget, bug fixes and new code for navigating in chapters/all.
- New options for setting the thumbnail size for various locations that use thumbnails
- Added Sidebar generators for no matter what theme you use.
- Added the Navigation Widget, which replaces the default navigation, it shares the same skinning as ComicPress and will often times be able to use the navstyle from ComicPress.
- Updated: 05/26/2012 12:25am Pacific
- Made the prev/next link rel's properly navigate for comic posts
Updated: 05/26/2012 5:25pm Pacific
* Sidebar locations for the comic-area