WooCommerce Colored Order Notes plugin allows you to to customize order note color for each order status. The plugin is made to work with WooCommerce version 2.5 or higher. Upon activating the plugin you will see “Order Note Colors” tab under “WooCommerce > Settings”.
This plugin works only with English (en_US) locale currently.
- GitHub – Please mention your wordpress.org username when sending pull requests.
- Install the plugin from the ‘Plugins’ section in your dashboard (Go to
Plugins > Add New > Searchand search for ‘WooComerce Colored Order Notes’).
- Alternatively, you can download the plugin from the repository. Unzip it and upload it to the plugins folder of your WordPress installation (
wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation).
- Activate it through the ‘Plugins’ section.
- Access the settings page from WordPress backend under
WooCommerce > Settings.
- From the above
Settingspage you can customize the note colors.
- What if I do not set any colors under `WooCommerce > Settings > Order Note Colors` tab?
Then WooCommerce default order note color will be used.
- Will this plugin work for custom order status too?
- Why it does not work for versions below WooCommerce 2.5
WooCommerce has introduced a filter for order note classes in 2.5 So the plugin would work for WooCommerce 2.5 and above.
- What if I accidentally disable the plugin?
No worries – The order note colors will fall back to WooCommerce default colors. Also the plugin does not delete the saved colors on deactivation or deletion. So if you re-activate it or re-install it, you get your settings back.
- Something is not working – what do I do?
Contributors & Developers
“WooComerce Colored Order Notes” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
1.0.2 – 2019-03-06
- Compatible with WordPress 5.1 and WooCommerce 3.5.5
1.0.1 – 2017-05-03
- Updated the code to work with WordPress 4.7.4 and WooCommerce 3.0.5
1.0 – 2016-01-30
- First Public Release – 30th Jan 2016