Vimeo Video Post is a Vimeo WordPress plugin that allows quick importing of Vimeo videos as WordPress posts with attached video player from channels, albums, user, groups or categories. Posts are creating having all details from Vimeo (title, description, video etc).
A demonstration on how easy it is to use this Vimeo WordPress plugin:
The plugin allows importing of single videos (needs only video ID to fill title and description and attach the video) or bulk imports from Vimeo feeds (channels, albums, etc). Bulk importing can be done manually or automatically and importing of details is made according to your settings (ie. description can be imported as post excerpt and/or content).
Please note that before being able to perform bulk imports, you need to register the plugin as an app on Vimeo (requires a valid Vimeo account).
After importing, all videos can be embedded into posts using a visual interface that creates and places the shortcode into your post/page content. Available shortcodes are for single videos as well as video playlists.
- Responsive design;
- Vimeo HTML5 video player support;
- Multiple video embeds on the same page;
- Latest videos widget;
- Single video shortcode;
- Import as custom post;
- Full video import (title, description, thumbnail, video);
- Single video import;
- Manual bulk import;
- Playlist themes;
- Automatic bulk import (PRO version only);
- Import private videos (PRO version only);
- Image import in WordPress Media gallery as post Featured Image (PRO version only);
- Video playlist for latest videos widget (PRO version only);
- WordPress third party theme support (PRO version only; currently available only for themes deTube, Avada, SimpleMag and GoodWork);
- Import videos as regular post type (PRO version only);
- Single video shortcode customization (PRO version only);
- Priority support (PRO version only).
- Forums (while we try to keep up with the forums here, please post any requests on our forums for a faster response);
- CodeFlavors Vimeo Video Post homepage
Plugin was tested using WordPress 3.5 with theme Twenty Twelve in FireFox, Chrome, IE8, Safari (iPhone and iPad). If anything is wrong on your installation, please post on CodeFlavors forums the theme you’re using, WordPress version and browser/device used for testing.
I had an issue with this plugin which got resolved within 12 hours! The developer, Constantin, was on it straight away. As a website builder, the one worry in WordPress is the support for the plug-ins. Thankfully it doesn't apply to this one. Many thanks!
I had a very subtle problem with the plugin caused by the stylesheet my theme was using.
CodeFlavors, the plugin author, not only nailed the problem but gave me the one line of code that fixed my issue!
I donate FIVE stars to the plugin!
- Solved a bug that was setting embed color scheme to red (#FF0000) by default even when not filled.
- Solved a bug that was displaying the video on password protected posts even if the correct password was not provided;
- Updated several documentation links;
- Added JSON “fields” parameter to requests to Vimeo API in order to increase the number of requests per hour.
- Updated player embed script to only use the iframe player embed (removed deprecated Flash player entirely).
- Wrapped widget classes in conditional statements to avoid PHP errors when certain page builders are used.
- Solves a rare, ocasional mixed content error when using https and images from Vimeo aren’t delivered over https.
- Solved a bug related to playlist shortcode that was preventing videos from being embedded in certain cases.
- Solved a shortcode bug that was preventing videos from being embedded when using the single video shortcode in pages or posts.
- Video embed details available as data-… attributes on video div element;
- Added tags to video post type;
- Added filter ‘cvm_automatic_video_embed’ that can be used to prevent embeds to be made by the plugin automatically (return false from callback function);
- Added translation files;
- Added various templating and utility functions;
- Now compatible with the tutorial on how to create template files for the custom post type.
- Added custom post type “vimeo-video” archive (modified has_archive parameter to reflect public settings from Plugin settings)
- Vimeo video player SSL compatible
- Plugin compatible with WordPress 4.3 (scheduled for release on August 18th, 2015);
- Added Vimeo video albums import (not functional in version 1.1).
- Compatibility with Vimeo OAuth2;
- Restructured plugin Settings page into tabs for easier options management.
- Initial release