This free add-on for CoCart enhances the data returned for the cart and the items added to it.
11th May 2021
The majority of these features will already be available in CoCart API v2. Only a few of these features will be used to enhance the cart response.
If you are still using API v1 then all features listed below will still be available.
- Checks for items in cart for validity and stock before returning the updated cart.
- Checks for coupons applied to the cart for validity before returning the updated cart.
- Cart returns currency.
- Cart returns total weight.
- Cart now returns items removed under extras.
- Cart returns cross sell items based on items in the cart.
- Cart returns enhanced for empty carts.
- Cart returns the cart key.
- Cart returns the cart hash key.
- Places the cart contents under a new array called
- Cart returns the item count of all items in the cart.
- Cart returns shipping methods available if any and which one is chosen.
- Cart returns the shipping status of the cart.
- Cart returns the payment status of the cart.
- Cart returns coupons applied to the cart if enabled.
- Cart returns additional fees applied to the cart.
- Cart returns the cart totals.
Each item added to the cart will also return the following:
- NEW Returns the regular price and sale price if any. – Enhances API v2 ONLY
- Returns the discount status of items and the discounted price if any. – Enhances API v2 ONLY
- Returns virtual and downloadable status. – Enhances API v2
- Returns the product slug.
- Returns the product type.
- Returns variation data formatted.
- Returns the product dimensions.
- Returns minimum and maximum quantity of item can be purchased.
- Returns product price raw.
- Returns the product categories assigned. – Enhances API v2
- Returns the product tags assigned. – Enhances API v2
- Returns the product SKU.
- Returns the product weight and unit.
- Returns the product stock status. – Enhances API v2
- Returns the product gallery if any. – Enhances API v2
- Returns the product permalink. – Enhances API v2
Want more? Upgrade to CoCart Pro.
Tools and Libraries
- CoCart Beta Tester allows you to easily update to prerelease versions of CoCart Lite for testing and development purposes.
- CoCart VSCode extension for Visual Studio Code adds snippets and autocompletion of functions, classes and hooks.
- CoCart Carts in Session allows you to view all the carts in session via the WordPress admin.
- CoCart Product Support Boilerplate provides a basic boilerplate for supporting a different product types to add to the cart with validation including adding your own parameters.
- CoCart Cart Callback Example provides you an example of registering a callback that can be triggered when updating the cart.
- CoCart Tweaks provides a starting point for developers to tweak CoCart to their needs.
Other Add-ons to further enhance your cart.
We also have other add-ons that extend CoCart to enhance your development and your customers shopping experience.
- CoCart – CORS simply filters the session cookie to allow CoCart to work across multiple domains. – FREE
- Advanced Custom Fields extends CoCart Products add-on by returning all your advanced custom fields for products. – REQUIRES COCART PRODUCTS
- Yoast SEO extends CoCart Products add-on by returning Yoast SEO data for products, product categories and product tags. – REQUIRES COCART PRODUCTS
- and more add-ons in development.
They work with the FREE version of CoCart already, and these add-ons of course come with support too.
Join our growing community
A Slack community for developers, WordPress agencies and shop owners building the fastest and best headless WooCommerce stores with CoCart.
Built with developers in mind
Extensible, adaptable, and open source — CoCart – Cart Enhanced is created with developers in mind. If you’re interested to jump in the project, there are opportunities for developers at all levels to get involved. Contribute to CoCart – Cart Enhanced on the GitHub repository and join the party.
Bug reports for CoCart – Cart Enhanced are welcomed in the CoCart – Cart Enhanced repository on GitHub. Please note that GitHub is not a support forum, and that issues that aren’t properly qualified as bugs will be closed.
- The CoCart plugin official website.
- The CoCart Documentation
- Subscribe to updates
- Like, Follow and Star on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and GitHub
This plugin is created by Sébastien Dumont.
You will need CoCart v2.1 or above.
- WordPress v5.5
- WooCommerce v4.3
- PHP v7.3
- WordPress v5.6 or higher.
- WooCommerce v5.2 or higher.
- PHP v7.4
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of CoCart – Cart Enhanced, log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
In the search field type “CoCart Cart Enhanced” and click Search Plugins. Once you’ve found the plugin you can view details about it such as the point release, rating and description. Most importantly of course, you can install it by simply clicking “Install Now”.
The manual installation method involves downloading the plugin and uploading it to your webserver via your favourite FTP application. The WordPress codex contains instructions on how to do this here.
It is recommended that anytime you want to update “CoCart Cart Enhanced” that you get familiar with what’s changed in the release.
CoCart Cart Enhanced uses Semver practices. The summary of Semver versioning is as follows:
- MAJOR version when you make incompatible API changes.
- MINOR version when you add functionality in a backwards compatible manner.
- PATCH version when you make backwards compatible bug fixes.
You can read more about the details of Semver at semver.org
Contributors & Developers
“CoCart – Cart Enhanced” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors