Migrate your website content from MediaWiki to WordPress easily and automatedly in just a few simple steps.
- There is Free Demo available (migration of limited number of pages).
- Full Migration starts from $39.
The following content items can be migrated from MediaWiki to WordPress with CMS2CMS
- images (as an option)
- internal links
Supported WordPress versions: 4.x (new software versions are constantly being added).
Features of Automated Migration
- easy - no need for coding skills to complete it.
- fast - 15 minutes on average, depending on the size of MediaWiki website.
- free Demo available - in order to see it in action.
- live chat support - you get instant answers to any questions, no need to search for support on forums.
Additional Migration Options
- opportunity to form internal URLs according to SEO URL structure on WordPress website.
- 301 redirects from MediaWiki URLs to WordPress URLs
- clear WordPress data before migration
Note. This plugin installs connection bridge on WordPress website, which is necessary for data exchange between MediaWiki and WordPress websites. After activation, you’ll be redirected to CMS2CMS website in order to complete the migration.
Website design (styles, themes) isn’t migrated.
Steps to Take before Migration
- Install WordPress and make sure that MediaWiki and WordPress websites are available online.
- Have MediaWiki website FTP access details at hand (host, username, password) - you use them to install connection bridge on MediaWiki website.
- Set up custom URL structure for WordPress (it should be set before the migration for internal links to work correctly, if you change them after migration, site navigation will be broken).
- Install WordPress plugins supported by CMS2CMS (if you want to migrate metadata or image galleries).
Our Support Team is available via phone, Live Chat and Email (Technical support) during the following hours:
- Phone support – 24 hours a day, Monday – Friday
- Live Chat support – 24 hours a day, Monday – Friday
- Technical support – from 11 am to 7 pm GMT +2, Monday – Friday
To learn more about automated migration from MediaWiki to WordPress, visit http://www.cms2cms.com/supported-cms/MediaWiki-to-wordpress-migration?utm_source=MediaWiki&utm_medium=Link&utm_campaign=WordPress_plugins
See also https://wordpress.org/plugins/cms2cms-blogger-to-wp-converter/