The city feeds widget is a simple plugin that allows you to pull your Zondervan OnTheCity.org plaza information into
your wordpress website. Your plaza information is loaded via Ajax to prevent long page loads while waiting for the
City to output the information. I wrote this plugin to integrate our plaza posts into our main website. I hope it
blesses your organization. If you have any ideas for future releases, please email me (my address is in the plugin
- Why don’t my photos show up when I have the “photos” box checked?
There is an issue with the way the City outputs the information that the City Feeds Widget uses that errors with photos.
I have emailed Zondervan tech support and they have told me they will let me know what the developers find out. Until
- Why am I limited to my plaza posts?
Because users have to log in to see the news feeds and other postings inside the city, there is no way for the City Feeds
Widget to gather that information. This is a safety measure put in place by the City to prevent sensitive information
from being shared publicly.
- I made a post in the plaza but the widget isn’t seeing it
For the City Feeds Widget to gather the information, you have to make sure you have set your post to be publicly available.
Private URL posts will not be gathered by the widget.
- My loading icon is blue and my site is not blue
As this build was for my church’s website, the default set is teal over black. You can choose from the standard set of icons
or you can create your own at http://ajaxload.info/. Take the generated file called ‘ajax-loader.gif’ and replace the one in
your city-feeds folder. Refresh the widgets page in the admin and your new one should now be there.
- Fixed bug related to PHP’s strtotime function causing event times to lose hours
- Added ability to sort posts (currently just by creation date)
- Fixed bug with wrong folder for widget
- Fixed other bugs
- Added inline styling to force block formatting for titles, comments and dates
- Removed description stuff in AJAX helper file so it doesn’t show up as a plugin
- Restored photo albums as the City fixed the JSON for albums page
- Changed events to be sorted by ending date, not creation date
- Added post type option that adds type to the title
- Fixed events bug setting all times to GMT (now adjusts for time zone)
- Added photo thumbnails to album posts in the feed
- Added icon selector for various colors
- This is the initial public release of the City Feeds Widget
- Added Ajax to speed up page loads
- This is the first build of the City Feeds Widget