Add this widget to your site to allow your visitors to sign up to your e-newsletter and email marketing campaigns, sent using the CharityeMail email marketing system. The email address of your new subscriber will be added to the CharityeMail Address Book you specify within your Settings in WordPress. If you’re not already a CharityeMail user you can find out more about CharityeMail at http://www.charityemail.co.uk.
- Search for the plugin ‘CharityeMail Sign Up Widget’.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Click Settings in your WordPress admin section.
- Select ‘CharityeMail Sign Up Widget’.
You will be prompted to enter your API key details, these can be obtained in your CharityeMail account by doing the following:
- Navigate to the ‘My Account’ section in CharityeMail.
- Click ‘Manage Users’.
- Select the API tab and click Add Account
- Copy the generated email address without editing it.
- Enter in a password.
- This will be your API Email and API Password.
Click ‘Connect and list Address Books’.
- This will display a list of address books in your CharityeMail account.
- Select the address book you wish contacts to be uploaded into (Only one may currently be selected).
- If you wish, you can include datafields in the form (Firstname – Lastname – Fullname are available).Datafields will NOT be required input fields.
- Click save settings.
The widget can now be added to your website. To do this follow the steps below:
- Select Appearance in your WordPress admin section
- Select Widgets
- Locate the CharityeMail Sign Up Widget in your available widgets
- Drag the widget where you want it to appear on your WordPress powered website.
Q. Can I select more than one address book to sign contacts up to?
A. Currently you may only select one Address Book to place contacts into.
Q. My contacts are not appearing in my Address Book?
A. Check you have followed the steps exactly as above and that your API email and API password appear exactly as they do in your CharityeMail account. Remember that the API email is automatically generated and should not be changed.
Contributors & Developers
“CharityeMail Sign Up Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
The current version of this plugin is 1.0.