CDYNE Call Me WordPress Plugin
Create a call center or answering system complete to handle up to 5000 calls per minute with touch-tone menus and number forwarding utilizing CDYNE’s Phone Notify!® service.
- Movie/Concert/Venue/Church Schedules & Show Times
- Business/Corporate Call Centers
- City or School Announcements and Cancellations
- Political Campaign Announcements
- Department Routing
- Touch-tone Polls/Surveys/Questionnaires
- Community Calendars
- RSVP By Phone
In order to use this plugin, you must set up an account with CDYNE to acquire an API key. You can apply for a free Trial key as well.
Visit the plugin webpage for the most up-to-date information:
- Where can I get an API Key?
You can visit the CDYNE website to purchase or get a trial API key.
- How much does CDYNE’s PhoneNotify!® service cost?
The pricing as of writing this was $9.99 a month for the service, plus a per minute rate depending on the monthly volume of minutes. This is a pay-as-you-go service, so you can stop anytime. For actual pricing, visit the following link and click the ‘Pricing’ button.
- Where can I find more example TextToSay scripts?
The CDYNE website has some great examples available which can help you get running.
- I entered my own phone number, but didn’t get a call
You can’t have the widget call the same number as what you provided for your Caller ID Number. Make sure to test using two phones. If you don’t have a second phone available, you can get a free phone number from Google Voice.
- I entered a valid phone number different from the Caller ID Number, but didn’t get a call
Be sure that you have properly entered your API Key, Caller ID Number, Caller ID Name, and included a TextToSay (TTS) script. If these fields are set up incorrectly, you will not be able to process incoming calls. If you are using advanced commands, try backing up your script to a text document on your computer and entering a simple script with a single line of text and no commands.
- Can I use prerecorded messages rather than the computerized voice?
It is possible to both upload and record unlimited WAV audio files, but this widget at this time doesn’t directly support uploading audio files. There are advanced commands that allow you to record messages through your phone which then can be used in your TTS script.
Due to the complexity of managing the audio files, a new section would have to be added to the WordPress backend outside of the widget area. This is something that is being considered for future versions. As a Phone Notify! subscriber, you are free to use other applications which can handle such tasks.
- Can I use this to robocall (make automated calls) using a phone number list?
Technically, this is possible with CDYNE’s Phone Notify! service, but this plugin doesn’t directly support number lists and isn’t set up to automatically call out. This is something that is being considered for future versions. As a Phone Notify! subscriber, you are free to use other applications which can handle such tasks.
1.0 – 04/11/2012
- Initial release