This plugin lets you create category mappings allowing for one top-level blog to act as a portal for your global community of WPMU blogs. Category postings are aggregated based on the mappings and displayed on the top-level blog.
* Map multiple top-level categories * Built-in sidebar widget to display all categories * WordPress MU 2.7 approved!
- Exctract and upload cat-plugin.php to the PLUGINS folder in your WordPress MU installation
- Activate the plugin on your primary MU blog
- Click on the “Category Mapping” admin menu to setup your mappings
- Map MU blog categories to the top level blog categories. More than one category can be assigned.
- Add the “Mapping Widget: All Categories” widget to your sidebar to view all of your top level blog categories.
- Click any category on your blog to view all posts filed under that category based on your mappings. Posts will be loaded from all blogs across your MU network and will link back to the appropriate blog post.
- Can I map individual posts to top-level categories
No, but this is a feature we plan to add in the next phase.
- Does this plugin work with standard WordPress
No, this plugin is for WordPress MU only
- Will this plugin work with WPMU 2.7?
Yes plugin has been tested and is fully compatible with WordPress MU 2.7
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress MU Category Mapping Plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors