This Plugin contains functionality to let you maintain default hierarchical order of categories when you select categories for a post.
The selected category/categories for which a post belongs to are by default pushed at top in category tab while saving the post. Whereas activating Categories in Hierarchical Order plugin will remain position of category/categories unchanged as per their parent/child relationship.
For support, use support page available here or visit Categories in Hierarchical Order page
This section describes how to install the Plugin and get it working.
- Install Categories in Hierarchical Order plugin either via the WordPress.org Plugin directory, or by uploading the categories-in-hierarchical-order folder to
/wp-content/Plugins/directory at your server
- Activate the Plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
3. You are ready
- Is this plugin compatible with custom taxonomies?
Yes. this plugin supports custom taxonomy
- Is there any setting option with this plugin?
No, this plugin hasn’t any setting
I was disappointed that WordPress core on the Edit Post page doesn’t display Categories hierarchically (except for the ones you’ve already selected). That is very confusing to my clients (and me). This plugin displays the Categories the way I expected them to be displayed in the first place – in a proper tree. Well done!
I always wondered why WordPress makes such a mess with my hierarchical categories. This plug-in helped me to understand that it’s not a bug but a feature (which I don’t like, so this plug-in comes in handy).
Contributors & Developers
“Categories in Hierarchical Order” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Tested to support latest WordPress version
- Maintain category hierarchical order