Host your own job board powered by CareerBuilder.com. This plugin allows users to search for jobs, browse jobs by location or by category, get possibly related jobs through our recommendation technology, and link directly to the application process for each job.
This version of the plugin uses version 2.0 of CareerBuilder’s API.
- Full job search through the CareerBuilder API. Browse by company, by category, by location, or search with any keyword / location combination.
- Retrieve job details for individual jobs.
- Customization of permalinks, depending on your own SEO strategy.
- Capability to filter by category, company, or location.
- RSS feeds for jobs.
- Integration with other CareerBuilder services like CareerBuilder Institute and CBsalary.
See the plugin homepage for more information.
- Can I see a demo?
Yes. Visit http://wordpress.careerbuildermarketing.com/
- Are there examples for the static Pages that will display the job content?
Yes. We have included templates that you can simply copy into your theme’s folder. You’ll then create static Pages for Job Results and Job Details, choosing the corresponding Template. They exist in the
careerbuilder_jobs/example_pagesfolder when you download the plugin as
For further customization, you can create your own files,
careerbuilder-jobs-home.phpin your theme’s folder. If these files are present, the plugin will use them instead of the default ones.
Note: For example, if you use the default WordPress 2.9 theme, you’ll need to add a rule assigning a width to some of the elements, as the theme itself does to posts, pages, etc. We don’t include thisbecause newer themes should account for it, but we don’t want to prevent you from using our functionality with older themes.
- Does the CareerBuilder Developer Key have a request limit?
Yes. Requests are limited by request type. If you exceed your daily quota, your account will be frozen for 24 hours. At this time, the plugin is limited by these quotas:
- Job Search: 1000 per day.
- Job Details 500 per day.
- Does this plugin benefit from caching solutions like [https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-super-cache/](https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-super-cache/)?
Yes. If you have caching enabled, WordPress will cache job results and job details pages according to your preferences. With this, you can ensure that no specific page is accessed more often than your limits can handle. We strongly recommend using this solution.
- Does this plugin depend on any WordPress settings?
Yes. At this time, the plugin only works if you have Permalinks enabled. It does not depend on specific plugin settings, and you will need to configure permalinks for the plugin itself, but it will not work if your server does not support or enable them.
- Refactoring of code that handles search keywords and locations.
- Bug fix on display of search keywords and locations in some job results.