Facebook Like Box is a social plugin that enables Facebook Page owners to attract and gain Likes from their own website. The Like Box enables users to:
- See how many users already like this Page, and which of their friends like it too
- Read recent posts from the Page
- Like the Page with one click, without needing to visit the Page.
- Add like button for the posts.
- Add a shortcode to display the facebook like box on any page or post.
- Add a shortcode to display the facebook posts like on any page or post.
- Translation enabled by using I18n.
Note: Best plugin output width is 292px & Height is 210px.
Thanks for downloading and installing my plugin. You can show your appreciation and support future development by donating.
Support Page: https://johnnash.info/facebook-plugin/
If you have any suggestions or feedback, please post it in the following link.
Translation is enabled for this plugin. If someone interested in translating this plugin please visit the following link and post in the comments section with your contact email. Thanks.
- Danish (Translated by Simon Bogh)
- French (Translated by Laurent Verpeet)
- German (Translated by Peter Kaulfuss)
- Hungarian (Translated by Varanka Zoltan)
- Italian (Transalted by Claudio Chesselli)
- Spanish (Translated by Oscar S. G. Saldarriaga)
- Tamil (Translated by Vinoj Cardoza)
How do I display the facebook like box in the pages or posts?
Just copy and paste the code below on the page or post you want to display the facebook like box.
How do I specify different width and height for facebook like box in the pages or posts?
For example if you want to specify the dimensions of width 600px and height 200px for facebook like box in the pages or posts, you have to include the short code in the following format.
[cardoza_facebook_like_box width=”600″ height=”200″]
Note: If you dont specify width and height, by default it will take dimensions from the facebook options you specified.
Note: Don’t include any px or pt with the dimesnion values you are specifying.
How do I display the facebook posts like in the pages or posts?
Just copy and paste the code below on the page or post you want to display the facebook posts like button.
if you have any queries post it at https://johnnash.info/facebook-plugin/
- Installation Instructions
- Download the plugin.
- Upload to your blog (/wp-content/plugins/).
- Activate it.
- Click the Appearance menu and click the FB Like Box.
- Fill in the options.
- Then go to widget and drag and drop Facebook Like Box in the area you want to display the plugin.
Uninstalling is as simple as deactivating the plugin.
with the new update from yesterday the plugin stoped working
I reviewed about 20 facebook like buttons today to try and find one I “liked” myself (pun intended). This was my second favorite, it’s truly free, nice and simple, worked fine and the interface is fairly standard (ie: no silly fonts/images/adds. You don’t need to use any short codes. The settings in this app seem to appear in many apps, so I am assuming it’s using some standard facebook template etc.
The main reason I didn’t use it was because I wanted my button aligned to the right, and there didn’t seem to be an option for that. Also I had to mess about a little to stop the widget (side bar) cutting off the bottom of the box.
It works so that’s good, but it needs some work.
When using it as a widget the width should be set automatically, not by the user, although an override is always good.
Setting the widget height below 100 pixels makes the facebook cover disappear, even though there is no reason for it and because of that there is an extra 30 pixels left below the widget, which looks bad.
Disabling the “Show Faces” option also removes how many friends liked the page, that doesn’t make sense, it should probably be renamed to “Show Friends who liked the page”.
Also when i had it enabled it said that 2 friends liked this page but 5 faces were shown, so something is broken somewhere.
Both on your site and in the description you say “If you have any suggestions or feedback, please post it in the following link.” and there is no link in either places.
Hopefully your next update will fix these issues.
tested and works.
Contributors & Developers
“Facebook Like Box” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Tested compatibility with WordPress 4.6.1
- Tested compatibility with WordPress 4.5.3
- Tested compatibility with WordPress 4.4.2
- Tested compatibility with WordPress 4.7.3
- Added New Custom CSS Feature
- Added More options to customise Like Box.
fixed below bugs which caused due to New Facebook Preview option.
1. reply and quick edit options not working on comments page.
2. images stopped showing in Media Library
3. Youst SEO Settings Page not working
4. New Post Text View not working.
5. Scheduled Posts option not working
6. conflicting with some backup plugin
7. problem in screen options and setting privacy
8. MENU options not working fine