Can I retrieve statistics using this plugin without having any Google Analytics account?
No, you can't. This plugin allows you to retrieve statistics from Google Analytics account. It doesn't generate its own statistics.
Can I create a new Google Analytics account or a new webproperty from within the admin area using this plugin?
No, you can't. Google Analytics provides developer access to the configuration data through the Management API, which is a read-only API for account and configuration data.
How can I add tracking code?
After you have created a new webroperty you will get a tracking code. If you want to add tracking code to your blog you will need to copy Tracking ID that looks like UA-xxxxx-y, paste it to the "Tracking Code" field, check "Add tracking Code To Your Blog" checkbox (if not checked) and click "Save Changes" button.
I want to collect statistic from my blog, what should I do?
If you want to enable tracking and collect statistics from your blog, you need to past tracking code to your blog. To do this you should follow next steps:
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account. Click Admin in the menu bar at the top of any page.
- In the Account column, select the account from the dropdown that you want to add the property to.
- In the dropdown in the Property column, click Create new property.
- Select Website
- Select the tracking method. Click either Universal Analytics or Classic Analytics. We strongly recommend Universal Analytics.
- Enter the name of your WordPress blog.
- Enter the Website URL of your blog
- Select the Industry Category.
- Select the Reporting Time Zone.
- Click Get Tracking ID.
- Copy Tracking ID that looks like UA-xxxxx-y and past it to the "Tracking Code" field in the "Tracking Code & Reset" tab of this plugin.
- Check "Add tracking Code To Your Blog" checkbox (if not checked) and click "Save Changes" button.
I have added tracking code to my blog using this plugin. Now if I deactivate this plugin, will Google Analytics continue logging my blog?
No, if you deactivate plugin tracking code will be deleted from your blog.
What date range does the line chart cover?
Line chart displays stats for the last year, 6 months, 3 months, 1 month, 5 days and 1 day.
I have some problems with the plugin's work. What Information should I provide to receive proper support?
Please make sure that the problem hasn't been discussed yet on our forum (http://support.bestwebsoft.com). If no, please provide the following data along with your problem's description:
- The link to the page where the problem occurs
- The name of the plugin and its version. If you are using a pro version - your order number.
- The version of your WordPress installation
- Copy and paste into the message your system status report. Please read more here: Instuction on System Status