LIST MULTIPLE BUSINESSES ON YOUR WEBSITE EASILY, THE SEO FRIENDLY WAY
The most recent version of this plugin includes features that display emergency information for business listings, allowing communities to coordinate better during crises like the Coronvirus Pandemic.
This Business Listing Plugin for WordPress lets sites list multiple businesses the correct way, easily, using technical best practices.
A new menu branch is added that allows WordPress Users the ability to add business listings as a custom post type and manage them like Posts.
New fields are exposed when editing business listings. These expose the same information Google My Business lists and wants to see: structured data.
To see a demonstration of this plugin’s output live visit 4boca.com – a news aggregation site focused towards a local audience that’s allowing only local businesses the privilege of adding their listings.
Donations to support the free version of this plugin are greatly appreciated.
Donate to support Massive Impressions Online Marketing’s development of Business Listing Plugin here.
These are the same instructions for installing practially any WordPress Plugin, but since few other Plugins give complete instructions, here they are.
There are three ways to install this plugin: via the WordPress Directory, as a zip file, or uploaded directly to the site’s WordPress plugin directory.
Installing via the WordPress Directory of Plugins
1. In your WordPress instance, while you’re logged into the backend of WordPress, navigate to the Plugins section via the Admin Menu along the left side of the browser.
2. Choose “Add New” from either the Admin Menu or by clicking the button at the top of “Installed Plugins” Page.
3. Search for the name of this plugin “Business Listing Plugin” using the Add Plugin Page’s search feature.
Installing this Plugin as a ZIP File
1. Download the ZIP file containing the most recent version of this plugin either from the WordPress Directory or from the Massive Impressions Online Marketing website.
2. In your WordPress instace, while you’re logged into the backend of WordPress, navigate to the Plugins section via the Admin Menu along the left side of the browser.
3. Choose “Add New” from either the Admin Menu or by clicking the button at the top of “Installed Plugins” Page.
4. Click on the button “Upload Plugin”. Locate the file on your device and select it for uploading.
Choose To Install the plugin. Choose to Activate the Plugin.
Installing this Plugin by uploading it directly
1. Unpack a the ZIP file into an empty directory on your device.
2. Using an FTP application upload the contents of the ZIP file (the single directory named ‘bizlisting-manager’) into the directory on your WordPress instance where the plugins are located, typically /wp-content/plugins
3. In your WordPress instace, while you’re logged into the backend of WordPress, navigate to the Plugins section via the Admin Menu along the left side of the browser.
4. Find the plugin ‘Business Listing Plugin’ Underneath the plugin name click on the link ‘Activate’.
Configuration Steps of Business Listing Plugin
These post-installation steps are specific to the configuration of the Business Listing Plugin.
- Begin the configuration by navigating to the plugin’s Settings.
- In the Settings Page of this plugin enter your Google Maps API Key. Keys can be obtained from Google here.
- Continue the configuration by navigating to the WordPress Backend Menu branch labeled “Local Businesses” and clicking on the menu suboption labeled “LocalBiz Categories”
- Create Categories that will contain and represent the types of business listings you’re going to publish on your site. For a list of categories intended to be all inclusive visit this page in the business listing support forum.
- You”re now ready to add business listings aka LocakBiz listings to your site. You can add additional categories on the fly when you’re editing LocalBiz listings, but keeping the number of categories small is recommended.
Q&A about this plugin is maintained on the Massive Impressions site. Get the FAQ for Business Listing Plugin here:
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Business Listing Plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Version 2.0.1 Bug fixes
Version 2.0.0 Added Business Hours, Emergency Hours, Emergency Instructions, Shortcode
Version 1.2.0 Fixed a bad link to the admin menu – added a help page
Version 1.1.0 Added religious designation & defaulted “Show Google Maps” option to “no”
Version 1.0.1 is the first release of the plugin.