Install BumpIn chat widget for your wordpress and give an interaction mechanism to people visiting your website.
Following are some features of BumpIn plugin.
Instantaneous availability: The new widget is available for you to embed on your website right away after selecting a theme and filling a small registration form.
A conventional ShoutBox: A feature that really helps you tapping into conversations on the website you just entered into. Alternatively the main window act as a ShoutBox where your visitors can leave messages.
Embedding Options: BumpIn chat widget can be embedded in a variety of ways on your blog – Facebook-Style chat bar, Side Panel chat, Embedded chat.
Added Features: User login/signup option, Page/Website level shoutbox, Advanced web based Admin Control Panel, Chat Moderation with Name Protection and IP banning
Cross Browser Compatibility: BumpIn chat rooms and widgets are compatible with all major browsers.
Smooth Transition within a website: The new widget remembers you and your conversations while you surf through different pages on a website. So you don’t have to worry about staying on a page while chatting. Besides you dont miss a message as you are properly notified about them on browser/tabs
Better interaction options (public & private) for your visitors: With the seamlessly integrated ShoutBox you can participate in public discussions as well as share your interest in Private one-to-one chat (which remembers your conversation even if you refresh of change to some other page in the same website).
Page level user availability: This one is my favorite. The chat widget shows page level users as well as website level users. Its extremely interesting as most of the websites (web 2.0 or older, content based etc.) have clear segmentation between the hosted content. This helps your users to reach out exact people for fruitful interaction as they know who is interested in the same content they are.
Logged In Users: logged in users of your blog are detected and their nick name is set in the chat widget automatically.
We would recommend that the bloggers (specially) and other sites like forums/content driven sites (generally) to try it out, this can add significant social element.
Follow the procedure to install BumpIn chat for you blog.
- Download BumpIn.php
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Drag Drop the BumpIn widget to your sidebar according to your need.(goto Presentation-> widgets)
- Customize and Register your chat widget(FREE!) by visiting www.BumpIn.com (If you have not already registered)
- Paste the code you got from BumpIn website in the text box and click the “Save Changes” button
- Verify your email address used for registering at BumpIn.com and set your password by clicking on the link sent to your email account
- Administer chat and re-customize your chat widget by logging in at www.BumpIn.com using your email address as your login name
- If you re-customize the widget please update the code in the text box in BumpIn WordPress widget
- If you forgot your password you can reset it from http://site.bumpin.com/site/forgot_password/ by verifying your email id
- Ask your questions by mailing us