The BuddyPress Extended Profile add-on lacks support for Image type fields. The BuddyPress XProfile Custom Image Field plugin allows you to add fields of type Image to user profile screens without having to write any additional code.
The images are stored by default into the /wp-content/uploads/profiles/[USER_ID] directory, where [USER_ID] is the ID of logged in user. You can override this default by hooking into the bpxp_image_field_upload_dir filter.
The BuddyPress XProfile Custom Image Field plugin has a number of additional hooks that allow theme and plugin writers to modify its behavior.
- English – default
- Spanish translation by Andrew Kurtis – WebHostingHub
Surprised to see that this plugin seems to work well, despite issues reported and apparent lack of support.
- Updated plugin description
- Fixed a bug that was blocking image display on the member list page
- Added ability to upload images on admin backend profile edit
- Added support for BuddyPress 2.3.3
- Added support for saving profile images during user sign-up
- Minor bug fix
- Added Spanish translation
- Added language l10n support
- Added support for BuddyPress 2.0.1
- Added capability to delete an image
- Add front end image display
- fixed to prevent crashing the profile edit page on sites not using BuddyPress Default Theme
- Initial release