** IMPORTANT **
This plugin will not be updated for future versions of BuddyPress (1.3) – if you would like to take over this plugin, please contact me.
This plugin allows certain XML-RPC commands for BuddyPress (Requires a client!)
A client application is required to connect to this BuddyPress XML-RPC – Receiver plugin. This could be anything from a standalone WordPress plugin to an iPhone app.
Please read the FAQ and About Page.
- How does it work?
Allow your BuddyPress members to access certain BuddyPress features via XML-RPC. You may restrict settings on a wp_cap level and per member. Each member will need to generate an apikey (instead of using their password) to connect to your BuddyPress XML-RPC service. You can select which RPC commands to allow as well.
- How do members retrieve data?
A client is required to send XML-RPC commands. If you have built a client (from standalone WordPress, iPhone, Firefox extensions, etc) please let me know and I’ll list it here.
- What commands and data is returned?
Please see the About page for a full list of commands and expected data.
- What commands are available?
– send an activity_update
– get various activity stream items
– send an activity stream update filed under blogs
– delete the activity update related to an already posted activity record (ie, if unpublishing a blog post)
– get a list of friends
bp.getMyFollowers (if plugin is installed)
– get a list of followers
bp.getMyFollowing (if plugin is installed)
– get a list of following
– get a list of groups
– member adminbar notifications (new message, new friend, follower, etc)
– check if connection works
- My question isn’t answered here
Please contact me on
- First [BETA] version