This plugin overrides display names across your BuddyPress site with usernames. The plugin will make your BP install more intuitive and user-friendly when using the @mentions feature.
If you downloaded this plugin and like it, please:
- Rate this plugin
- Spread the gospel of BuddyPress
This plugin requires BuddyPress 1.5
- Download, install and activate the plugin.
- If you’re using network mode and you have enabled user blogs, network-activate the plugin.
- I still see some display names on my BP site!
- If you’re using WP 3.0 in network mode and you’re seeing display names on blog comments, please try following step 2 in the installation instructions.
The only place you should see a user’s display name is on a member’s profile, other than that if you notice a display name on any other page on BuddyPress, please let me know!
- Internal configuration
By default, display names are enabled in the member header on profile pages. If you prefer usernames to be shown, add the following snippet to your wp-config.php file:
define( 'BP_SHOW_DISPLAYNAME_ON_PROFILE', false );
no problems about it being quite old, about having dozens of other BP’s plugins installed, and the suggestion on the FAQ does the job too.
hey, what else would you expect from one of the BP team?
now, if only i could replace the name in the
<title> of the profile page too…
Any thought about updating this to ensure it’s compatible to latest WP? So far it works just fine with my install and I have a LOT of other plugins too.
Still works perfectly as of now for me
Contributors & Developers
“BuddyPress Usernames Only” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Requires at least BuddyPress 1.5
- Performance enhancements
- Add support for BP username compatibility mode
- Add support for WP Toolbar
- Add support for bbPress
- Various fixes
- Thanks to the Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board for sponsoring this release
- Fix unique identifier block on member profiles again! (thanks to rossagrant and erich73 for reporting)
- Fix unique identifier block on member profiles (thanks to mrjarbenne for reporting)
- Fix username overlap (thanks to fzncloud and nuprn1 for reporting)
- Replace display name in
<title>tag (thanks to meini for reporting)
- Added button support for the BuddyPress Followers plugin
- Fix multiple replacement in activity updates again! (thanks to intimez for reporting)
- Removed bp_member_name filter (fixes compatibility with Welcome Pack)
- Tagged compatibility with BP 1.2.4
- Removed packaged replacement files as core hacks are no longer needed
- Show display name in member profiles by default
- Fix multiple replacement in activity updates and RSS feeds (thanks to ekawaii for reporting)
- Fix comment author usernames (thanks to piphut and intimez for reporting)
- Added modified core files to the plugin
- Forgot to uncomment a filter! D’oh!
- First version!