Are @mentions confusing to your BuddyPress users? Disable them with this small and nifty plugin!
- Jeff Sayre – for his WP Hook Sniffer plugin, which helped in debugging an action that wasn’t firing!
- The Simpsons Stonecutters episode – for providing inspiration in the naming of this plugin! 🙂
If you downloaded this plugin and like it, please:
- Donate! – Less than 0.1% of all the people who have downloaded my plugins have made a donation thus far. A small donation (no matter what the amount) does wonders!
- Rate this plugin
- Spread the gospel of BuddyPress
- Download, install and activate the plugin.
- That’s it!
- Read the FAQ for additional info.
- Inline CSS
By default, the plugin uses inline CSS to hide a few elements.
If you prefer to outright remove these elements, read the following:
To remove the @mentions tab from the activity directory, copy over /bp-default/activity/index.php to your child theme and remove the hardcoded
<li id="activity-mentions">list item.
To remove the
@user (?)button from the member profile page, copy over /bp-default/members/single/member-header.php to your child theme and remove the hardcoded
<span class="highlight">from the
Then, disable the inline CSS by adding the following in wp-config.php:
define( BP_NO_MENTIONS_DISABLE_INLINE_CSS', true );
- Where to find support?
I do not check the forums on wordpress.org.
The best place to reach me is on:
Free support is provided when I have the time.
Contributors & Developers
“BuddyPress No Mentions” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Properly remove @mention email notifications in groups
- First version!