Are @mentions confusing to your BuddyPress users? Disable them with this small and nifty plugin!
- Jeff Sayre – for his WP Hook Sniffer plugin, which helped in debugging an action that wasn’t firing!
- The Simpsons Stonecutters episode – for providing inspiration in the naming of this plugin! 🙂
If you downloaded this plugin and like it, please:
- Donate! – Less than 0.1% of all the people who have downloaded my plugins have made a donation thus far. A small donation (no matter what the amount) does wonders!
- Rate this plugin
- Spread the gospel of BuddyPress
- Download, install and activate the plugin.
- That’s it!
- Read the FAQ for additional info.
- Inline CSS
By default, the plugin uses inline CSS to hide a few elements.
If you prefer to outright remove these elements, read the following:
To remove the @mentions tab from the activity directory, copy over /bp-default/activity/index.php to your child theme and remove the hardcoded
<li id="activity-mentions">list item.
To remove the
@user (?)button from the member profile page, copy over /bp-default/members/single/member-header.php to your child theme and remove the hardcoded
<span class="highlight">from the
Then, disable the inline CSS by adding the following in wp-config.php:
define( BP_NO_MENTIONS_DISABLE_INLINE_CSS', true );
- Where to find support?
I do not check the forums on wordpress.org.
The best place to reach me is on:
Free support is provided when I have the time.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“BuddyPress No Mentions” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “BuddyPress No Mentions” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Properly remove @mention email notifications in groups
- First version!