BuddyPress Extended Friendship Request plugin allows users to send a personalized message with the friendship request on BuddyPress based Social Networks.
How it works:-
When a users clicks on Add friend, It shows him/her a small popup to enter some personalized message.
The user can enter a personalized message and click on the Send request to send the request.
We appreciate your thoughts and suggestions. Please leave a comment on BuddyDev
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Download the zip file and extract
buddypress-extended-friendship-requestdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress( Network activate if you are on multisite )
- Does This plugin works without BuddyPress
No, It needs you to have BuddyPress Installed and activated
- Where to get support?
Please use BuddyDev forums to allow us serve you better.
We installed this one already 6-7 months ago, but we only really opened up our BP environment 2 months ago. So far we have had zero problems. It is a great tool. I’m not sure to what extent my developer had to alter things, but it just looks good and it does the job. That means 5 stars for me.
Thanks Brajesh, another solid plugin to improve Buddypress functionality.
Contributors & Developers
“BuddyPress Extended Friendship Request” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- add filter ‘bp_ext_friendship_default_message’ to allow adding default message.
- Make translation files loading inline with wp standard
- Partial Code refactoring
- Fixed notice when wrapper-class is not set on buttons
- A small bit of code cleanup again
- Fixed to show popup even on reloading via ajax
- Remove the easeOutQuad easing with swing to avoid js error
- Fixed Fatal error: Cannot unset string offsets in bp-extended-friendship-request.php
- Fixes translation problems on ajax responses. Now the translations will work fine.
- Fix a notice message when request was removed
- Adds basic support for mobile devices
- Fix a possible security issue with displaying message
- Added Support for localization, thanks to the efforts of Anu Sharma(@anusharma).
- Initial release for BuddyPress 1.6+