Allows specifying the URL of an image to use as the BuddyPress default group avatar. This makes it easy to distinguish groups from members who are using the mystery man default user avatar. The avatar scales from full to thumb as per your theme settings. It works in all situations (activity stream, groups, forums, directory, etc). Upload your image to somewhere within your theme and drop the full URL in the options screen. Not yet working for multisite/network install.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to BP Group Avatar under the BuddyPress menu and set your image URL.
- Does the plugin allow me to upload images directly?
No. Use the media uploader or FTP.
Contributors & Developers
“BuddyPress Group Default Avatar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Changed wording of icon to avatar.
- Barely different to Tareq Hasan’s original.