As a system administrator for your BuddyPress, this component allows you to select certain groups you would like new members to automatically be enrolled (join) in. The component will also join existing members to the selected groups as well. Great option if you have groups you would like all members to be involved in. Support Group, or Current Events Groups can greatly benefit by having all members enrolled in their group. At the same time it also maintains flexibility to remove groups from auto joining later on.
A few notes about BuddyPress Auto Join Group:
Creates a simple admin page that allows you to select what groups you wish to have auto joined.
Joins all new users to those selected groups.
Joins all existing users to those selected groups if they are not members.
Ideal for BuddyPress install with groups that everyone should be a member like a “Support” group.
No additional notes required.
buddypress-auto-group-jonfolder to the
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Select the groups you wish to have auto joined under the BuddyPress -> Auto Join Groups in your Admin Dashboard.
- Where can I post a question or comment about this plugin?
You may post comments, questions or suggestions on the plugin here.
- Sometimes updating the groups to join seems slow or times out, what is happening?
When you update or select new groups to auto join, the plugin will auto join all existing members. If you have a large number of groups or users, this process can take some time. To best accommodate sites with large userbase or large number of groups to join, try adding one group at a time. If the page times out while adding members, clear the check box for that group, save and then attempt again. The plugin will resume adding additional members.
WordPress this is getting ridiculous. There’s more plugins on here that don’t work than actually do.
Contributors & Developers
“Buddypress Auto Group Join” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Adjusted date information – no functionality changes.
- Adjusted group logic to be compatible with new wordpress and buddypress.
- Errors corrected by files not updating correctly.
- Corrected legacy file miss copied during svn update.
- Admin Tagging Error correction.
- Correcet multi-site vs single-site issues.
- Added multi-language support.
- Corrected maximum number of groups to display on administration page.
- Minor Gramatical corrections.
- Reworked plugin to work with WordPress 3.0
- Dropped WPMU capable
- Streamlined database manipulations
Initial Public Release.
No programming changes made from private version.