** IMPORTANT **
This plugin has been updated for BuddyPress 1.5.1
This plugin will display a simple twitter-like notification ‘New activity update. Refresh the page.’ via ajax if a new activity stream record has been posted.
Polling is enabled for certain areas – main activity, group activity, profile activity (and the subnav – just-me, friends, groups, mentions)
Does not return a # of new activities – Does not live refresh the page. (no plans – future BP roadmap to include this already)
Restricted to loggedin_users, does not check for new activity comments.
The default polling is every 2 minutes (120000 milliseconds)
- Author’s Site
- BuddyPress Activity Stream Ajax Notifier – About Page
- BuddyPress and bbPress Developer Hook and Filter API Reference
- @etivite etivite+
- How do I adjust the ajax polling settings?
Edit the timeout polling via the wp-admin settings page
Default is: 60000
- How do I change the CSS style of the notification message?
Override the CSS for #activity-notifier and #activity-notifier-link
- Can you display how many new activity stream records? Can you just display the new activity stream records live?
No – the objective of this plugin is just a simple notification. BuddyPress.org RoadMap has live activity updating planned for a future release.
- How does it work?
Due to the complex ajax loading involved with BuddyPress and the activity stream – this plugin tries to intercept the current activity-loop request via the current_action/url or bp-activity- cookies set in BP’s query_string ajax handler.
A timestamp is saved within the activity-loop of the first record (if ordered by DESC – would be the most current). This value is passed via ajax along with the current determined $query_string for bp_has_activities().
A new activity_template request is made and a simple comparsion of the passed in timestamp vs $activities_template->activities->date_recorded – and returns a simple yes/no.
- My question isn’t answered here
Please contact me on http://etivite.com
- BUG: tidy up php notice due on wp-admin settings page
- BUG: fix injecting ajax js on certain activity loop pages
- updated for buddypress 1.5
- admin page for ajax polling
- remove update notification for current user submitting status update
- First [BETA] version