Browse Content by My Solr Server widget allows to navigate through WordPress content by standard WordPress attributes (categories, tags and authors) and custom fields.
You can see a demo at http://www.eolya.fr/blog/
Install and activate
Advanced Search by My Solr Server plugin 2.0.0 and greater (https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/advanced-search-by-my-solr-server/).
Index your blog content into Solr (see Solr hosting provider here : http://www.mysolrserver.com/)
- Upload the
browse-content-by-my-solr-serverfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress
- Drad & drop the widget in the sidebar
- Edit the widget settings
- Provide a widget title
- Provide the standard WordPress attributes (categories, tags and authors) and custom fields to be used in the widget
- Select the template file from you theme to be used to show posts list. By default, the
search.phptemplate is used. You can chose to create a specific template. For exemple, with the default WordPress themes, you can copy search.php to browse.php and remove the line that display the message “Search Results for:”.
A browse.php sample file is provided in the sample directory.
Customize the posts list
As explained just before, you can create a dedicated template file in your theme based for example on search.php. This template is in charge to implement the WordPress loop.
<?php if ( have_posts() ) : ?>
<?php while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>
<?php endwhile; ?>
Customize the widget display
The widget uses the template files
You can implement your own template by copying theses two files as
mssbc_custom.css. These two new files can be located in the widget’s template directory or in your theme’s main directory.
- What version of WordPress does Browse Content by My Solr Server plugin work with?
Browse Content by My Solr Server plugin works with WordPress 3.0.0 and greater.
- What version of Solr does Advanced Search by My Solr Server plugin work with?
Advanced Search by My Solr Server plugin works with Solr 1.4.x and 3.x
- How to manage Custom Post type, custom taxonomies and custom fields
Browse Content by My Solr Server plugin was tested with:
* “Custom Post Type UI” plugin for Custom Post type and custom taxonomies management
* “Custom Field Template” plugin for custom fields management
* WP-Types plugin for Custom Post type and custom taxonomies management and for custom fields management
Contributors & Developers
“Browse Content by My Solr Server” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- SolrPhpClient upgrade
- Bug fixing
- Provide a browse.php sample file to be use in the theme
- Tests with WP-Types plugin
- SolrPhpClient library dependency update
- Add support for custom post types and custom taxonomies
- Fixes issue when attribute values orcustom field values contain special characters like &
- Works with both a static page as front page or last posts as front page (
Reading settingsof WordPress)
- Initial version