Broadcast Companion, used in combination with the theme Broadcast Lite or Broadcast PRO will integrate Twitch, YouTube and Kick data into your theme. Every time your website is loaded, this plugin makes a request to check if you are online on these services. If you are online, data from Twitch is presented in the theme.
The following data is displayed from Twitch:
- Online / Offline status from Twitch
- Active game / category
- Viewer count
- Videos (clips, highlights and past broadcasts)
This plugin keeps an active connection to the Twitch API, which requires you to add a Client ID and Client secret from Twitch. Instructions on where to find this data are included in the plugin, but you can also find those instructions here.
Contributors & Developers
“Broadcast Companion (Twitch)” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- adding support for YouTube and Kick
- removed unused assets
- updated readme
- added screenshot
- bumping version
- Updated API to use new Helix endpoints
- Fixed an issue with error_log
- Cleaned up some errors encountered with WP_DEBUG enabled
- Added the ability to pull Clips, Highlights, or Past Broadcasts
- Fixed a bug where ps4 streams were not showing as live.
- Removed the second sponsor link.
- Fixed a bug with embedded streams.
- REQUIRED UPDATE: Anyone not running this version after April 30th 2020 – Broadcast will cease to integrate with Twitch API.
- Reverted twitch API usage back to kraken.
- Broadcast now pulls your top clips instead of most recent broadcasts, this is due to a limitation in kraken API.
- Fixed a bug causing issues on Broadcast Lite.
- Fixed a bug with stream in embedded mode.
- Upgraded Twitch API to helix.
- Fixed a bug with the Watch Now button.
- Added an auto-embed option.
- Added notice for YouTube support.
- Fix for the missing fist VOD.
- Fix for broken VOD tile (first tile had broken thumbnail).
- Name change – Broadcast Companion (Twitch).
- Added notice for Mixer support.
- Upgraded API call for vods to helix.
- Vod thumbnails are now a better size.
- Tiny fix for sites running Broadcast on https.
- Fixed an issue where the StreamWeasels logo was being inserted into Broadcast PRO theme.
- Fixed an issue with the game playing text not displaying in the nav.
- Added a default StreamWeasels affiliate link to theme.
- Added code to handle stream modal.
- First release.