Broadcast Companion, used in combination with the theme Broadcast Lite or Broadcast PRO will integrate Twitch.tv data into your theme. Every time your website is loaded, this plugin makes a request to Twitch to check if you are online. If you are online, data from Twitch is presented in the theme.
The following data is displayed from Twitch:
- Online / Offline status from Twitch
- Active game / category
- Viewer count
- Videos (clips, highlights and past broadcasts)
This plugin keeps an active connection to the Twitch API, which requires you to add a Client ID and Client secret from Twitch. Instructions on where to find this data are included in the plugin, but you can also find those instructions here.
Contributors & Developers
“Broadcast Companion (Twitch)” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- removed unused assets
- updated readme
- added screenshot
- bumping version
- Updated API to use new Helix endpoints
- Fixed an issue with error_log
- Cleaned up some errors encountered with WP_DEBUG enabled
- Added the ability to pull Clips, Highlights, or Past Broadcasts
- Fixed a bug where ps4 streams were not showing as live.
- Removed the second sponsor link.
- Fixed a bug with embedded streams.
- REQUIRED UPDATE: Anyone not running this version after April 30th 2020 – Broadcast will cease to integrate with Twitch API.
- Reverted twitch API usage back to kraken.
- Broadcast now pulls your top clips instead of most recent broadcasts, this is due to a limitation in kraken API.
- Fixed a bug causing issues on Broadcast Lite.
- Fixed a bug with stream in embedded mode.
- Upgraded Twitch API to helix.
- Fixed a bug with the Watch Now button.
- Added an auto-embed option.
- Added notice for YouTube support.
- Fix for the missing fist VOD.
- Fix for broken VOD tile (first tile had broken thumbnail).
- Name change – Broadcast Companion (Twitch).
- Added notice for Mixer support.
- Upgraded API call for vods to helix.
- Vod thumbnails are now a better size.
- Tiny fix for sites running Broadcast on https.
- Fixed an issue where the StreamWeasels logo was being inserted into Broadcast PRO theme.
- Fixed an issue with the game playing text not displaying in the nav.
- Added a default StreamWeasels affiliate link to theme.
- Added code to handle stream modal.
- First release.