In the Vista-Like Breadcrumbs for WordPress guide, code was presented for recreating the breadcrumb style featured in Windows Vista and Windows 7. That code eventually was updated and placed into a plugin to ease implementation. This is that plugin.
Breadcrumb NavXT Versions Supported
This plugin supports Breadcrumb NavXT 5.1.x and Breadcrumb NavXT 5.3.x. Note that not all features are available on older Breadcrumb NavXT versions.
Breadcrumb NavXT Multidimension Extensions is distributed with translations for the following languages:
- English – default –
Don’t see your language on the list? Stop by Breadcrumb NavXT’s translation project.
- Installation Instructions
Open the appropriate file for your theme (typically header.php). This can be done within WordPress’ administration panel through Presentation > Theme Editor or through your favorite text editor. Place one of the following code snippets where you want the breadcrumb trail to appear.
Siblings in the Second Dimension
The following code will produce a multidimensional breadcrumb trail with the siblings of a breadcrumb in it’s second dimension:
Children in the Second Dimension
The following code will produce a multidimensional breadcrumb trail with the children of a breadcrumb in it’s second dimension:
Save the file (upload if applicable). Now you should have a breadcrumb trail on your WordPress powered site. To customize the breadcrumb trail you may edit the default values for the options in the administrative interface. This is located in your administration panel under Settings > Breadcrumb NavXT.
Please visit Breadcrumb NavXT’s Documentation page for more information.
I am using Multidimension Extensions for almost one year, it works perfectly, and the author was more than helpful when I made my first steps with this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Breadcrumb NavXT Multidimension Extensions” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Release date: December 27th, 2015
- New feature: Added support for Breadcrumb NavXT 5.6.0’s force parameter in the display functions
Release date: December 3rd, 2015
- New feature: Added setting for controlling the display of children of the home page while on the homepage.
- New feature: Added bcn_multidim_term_children filter.
- New feature: Added bcn_multidim_post_children filter.
Release date: Release date: August 21st, 2015
- New feature: Added new
bcn_display_list_multidim_children()function which places the children of a breadcrumb into the second dimension
- New feature: Support for the Breadcrumb NavXT widget, requires Breadcrumb NavXT 5.3.0 or newer
- Bug fix: Fixed issue where the second dimension would not be populated for the current item if the current item was linked
- Bug fix: Fixed issue where an “Empty Category” message would appear in the second dimension for terms without children or siblings
Release date: July 30th, 2014
- Behavior Change: Dropped support of version of Breadcrumb NavXT prior to 5.1.x
- Bug fix: Fixed issues relating to support for Breadcrumb NavXT 5.1.1
Release date: June 6th, 2014
- Behavior Change: Refactored entire plugin
- Bug fix: Fixed issues relating to support for Breadcrumb NavXT 5.1.x
Release date: April 5th, 2014
- Behavior Change: Dropped support of version of Breadcrumb NavXT prior to 5.0.x
- Bug fix: Fixed issues relating to support for Breadcrumb NavXT 5.0.x
Release date: January 12th, 2013
- Bug fix: Fixed issues relating to support for Breadcrumb NavXT 4.2.x
- Initial Public Release