BP Show Friends requires BuddyPress (1.8.1 since version 2.0 of the plugin) and adds a widget to display the friends of the logged in user or of the displayed member.
In the Appearence/Widgets menu of the WordPress administration, you can drag and drop the ‘Friends’ widget into the sidebar of your active theme. You can customize the number of avatars to display and their size.
In the front end, the widget will load the friends of the logged in user or if in BuddyPress member area, the user displayed friends.
Beneath the widget title, there are 2 links : one to show the friends of the user that are online and one to show the one that were recently actives.
There’s a language directory where you can add your translations. As i’m french, i added my language.
- If you have any question
Use the support forum of this plugin.
Useful addition to help make social networking more interesting and informational. This feature is present in many popular social networks. Tested with version BuddyPress 2.4.
- requires at least BuddyPress 1.8.1
- fixes the ajax bug reported in plugin’s forum by Vernon
- the total number of friends is now displayed after the link to all user’s friends
- a hook allows you to add extra informations to avatars
- Avatar sizes can be customized from the widget administration panel
- CSS of the plugin can be overriden by theme adding a bp-show-friends.css file into a “css” folder
- adds a filter to change the displayed users order
- if BP > 1.2.10 change bp_is_member (deprecated) for bp_is_user (since BP 1.5)
- Italian translation added.
- corrects a bug when viewing displayed user all friends.
- Widget now always load and display the logged in user friends, or the user displayed friends once in BuddyPress member area.
- German language added.
- Brasilian Portuguease language added.
- Spanish language added.
- Widget birth..