This plugin creates an administrative interface for organizing all of your BuddyPress groups.
Based on the WordPress Menu editor, BP Group Organizer makes it simple to get your BuddyPress groups just the way you want them, or just to get a handle on the growth of your site.
- Easily create groups in one step
- Edit multiple groups and group properties without waiting for page reloads
- Delete unwanted groups in a flash
Goes great with BP Group Hierarchy
For users of BP Group Hierarchy, this plugin also allows you to move groups around the hierarchy by dragging and dropping. Get your groups just the way you want them, quickly and easily.
Install BP Group Organizer through the WordPress Plugin Directory
- Upload the contents to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Why are my drag and drop changes not saved?
- Dragging and dropping is only meaningful on installs running BP Group Hierarchy, since this plugin does not enable subgroups in BuddyPress.
- There is no explicit “order” to BuddyPress groups. Changes made by dragging groups up or down at the same level are not saved.
Haven’t used yet, but from screenshot looks fantastic and sorely needed.
Contributors & Developers
“BP Group Organizer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed: saving groups would disabled bbPress-integrated forums – thanks, grima
- Fixed: short open tag introduced in 1.0.6 – thanks, nfocom
- Added: Import / export group structure to CSV
- Added: support for bbPress group forums
- Added: support for BP 1.7 Groups admin menu
- Changed: updated buttons for WP 3.5
- Fixed: group forums were not fully initialized for groups created in the Organizer – thanks, thosch
- Changed: dropped BP 1.2 compatibility; no code was removed, but this release is not tested against BP 1.2
- Added: Group avatars displayed in the organizer
- Changed: remove a bunch of legacy nav menu code; may improve speed for sites with lots of groups
- Changed: trimmed JS load a little more
- Fixed: slashes would multiply in group name and description when saving – thanks, zanzaboonda
- Added: Organizer handle changes to indicate when a group is Private or Hidden
- Changed: no longer Network-only
- Changed: reduced JS size for organizer; should improve speed
- Fixed: some bugs that triggered warnings
- Changed: switched to load_plugin_textdomain for translation
- Fixed: resolved a rendering issue with WP 3.3
- Added: plugin description
- Added: textdomain for translation
- Changed: disabled forum options if Discussion Forums are turned off
- Changed: strings to use BuddyPress versions where possible
- Fixed: admin link rendered incorrectly on some BP 1.2.x installs
- Initial release