Make your multilingual WordPress site have a multilingual social network, with Bogo and BuddyPress.
Say your default language BuddyPress is located at
/members/ and you have German and Spanish translations of your website, then the localized BuddyPress versions can be viewed at
Translate your BuddyPress Extended Profiles: Admin Panel -> Users -> BogoBP XProfile
All email notifications are localized to the language the user set in their profile. Also localizes URLs contained in emails where appropriate.
Known limitation: Parts of the activity stream are not localized. I haven’t looked at the details and I’ll probably not fix it. Let me know if you do and I’ll apply your patch.
Development status: This plugin was developed because I thought it was a solution to my problem. It wasn’t. Turns out what I really needed was a multisite setup with separate languages and BP_ENABLE_MULTIBLOG enabled. When I found out, I was close the version 3.0 release of Bogo BuddyPress, so I finished up and released it. Please understand that I am busy with other projects now, do not rely on my support or maintenance of this plugin. If you fix a bug and send me a patch, I will gladly apply it. If you pay good money and I’ve got some time, I might fix or add something for you. Other than that, you’re on your own.
I can’t find the BogoBP XProfile page
Make sure you have activated the Extended Profiles Component in the BuddyPress settings screen
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Bogo BuddyPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- updated to work with BogoXLib 1.1
- now using BogoXLib
- added email notification translation
- added automatic redirection to localized forum URLs for logged in users
- fixed XProfile options not being displayed on XProfile translation admin page
- added support for custom group/field/option order on XProfile translation admin page
- added support for Bogo language switcher (requires Bogo > 2.4.2 to work)
- made the BogoBP XProfile settings a little prettier
- you can now translate your BuddyPress Extended Profiles
- added localization support
- added workaround for BuddyPress bug that causes some ajax calls to fail on localized pages
- removal of unused rewrite rules code
- bugfix: removed duplicate parentheses (bogo_get_lang_regex() already returns parentheses)
- initial release