A collection of functions and code that can be used to extend the capabilities of WordPress Parent-Themes and Child-Themes.
* Copyright 2011-2014 Edward Caissie (email : firstname.lastname@example.org)
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2,
as published by the Free Software Foundation.
You may NOT assume that you can use any other version of the GPL.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
The license for this software can also likely be found here:
Please note, support may be available on the WordPress Support forums; but, it may be faster to visit http://buynowshop.com/plugins/bns-theme-add-ins/ and leave a comment with the issue you are experiencing.
This plugin utilizes three text files if included with the active theme, although these files are not required for the plugin to work correctly they will enhance its functionality if they exist:
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
bns-themes-add-insfolder to the
- Activate through the ‘Plugins’ menu.
— or –
- Go to ‘Plugins’ menu under your Dashboard
- Click on the ‘Add New’ link
- Search for “bns-theme-add-ins”
- Activate through the ‘Plugins’ menu.
If you need more help, please read this article for further assistance: http://wpfirstaid.com/2009/12/plugin-installation/
Q: What does this plugin do?
A: There are currently several functions this plugin provides:
BNS Extra Theme Headers
BNS Theme Support
BNS Readme Menu Item
BNS Changelog Menu Item
These functions make use of the (Child-)Theme name to preface menu items.
Q: Where can I get support for this plugin?
A: Feel free to visit the plugin home page: http://buynowshop.com/plugins/bns-theme-add-ins/ and leave a comment; or, feel free to use the Contact Us form here: http://BuyNowShop.com/contact-us/
Q: What is the best format for the text files to be written in?
A: Currently a standard text file is fine, although future versions may make use of ‘markdown’. See this Wikipedia article for more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown. Also to note, ideally the WordPress ‘markdown’ parser will be used as well.
Contributors & Developers
“BNS Theme Add-Ins” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Released October 2013
- Added sanitation to string outputs
- Added version check to insure plugin functions correctly
- Updated WordPress version requirements to 3.5
- Release February 2013
- Added code block termination comments
- Added ‘WordPress Tested Version’ and ‘WordPress Required Version’ support
- Added filter ‘bns_tai_version_issue’
- Added filter ‘bns_tai_readme_text’
- Added filter ‘bns_tai_changelog_text’
- Removed ‘load_textdomain’ as redundant
- PHPDocs updated
- Implement OOP style class coding
- Refactor function names within class
- Documentation updates for better PHPDoc compatibility
get_theme_datadeprecated at WordPress version 3.4-beta1
BNS Theme Supportlogic and functionality
- Correct inline documentation
- Released Oct 22, 2011
- Change $bns_textdomain to $bns_lower_case
BNS Child-Theme TextDomainand i18n (translation) support
BNS Plugin TextDomainand i18n (translation) support specifically for ‘bns-theme-add-ins’
textdomainissues and re-work the
BNS Child-Theme TextDomaininto
BNS Plugin TextDomain
- i18n improvements in ‘Readme Menu’ and ‘Changelog Menu’ as well as change CSS containers from
BNS Child-Theme Version Controlto
BNS Theme Support; added functionality to read and display a
support.txtfile similar to the
- Minor inline documentation edits
- Change main file name to reflect Plugin name
- Initial Release.