Show off you are an early adopter of WordPress by displaying a message showing what version you are running (alpha, beta, release candidate and/or stable versions).
* Copyright 2012-2015 Edward Caissie (email : firstname.lastname@example.org)
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2,
as published by the Free Software Foundation.
You may NOT assume that you can use any other version of the GPL.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
The license for this software can also likely be found here:
- Please note, support may be available on the WordPress Support forums; but, it may be faster to visit http://buynowshop.com/plugins/bns-early-adopter/ and leave a comment with the issue you are experiencing.
Read this article for further assistance: http://wpfirstaid.com/2009/12/plugin-installation/
The parameters are very similar to the widget
- ‘title’ => Can be used as a lead-in message, remember to wrap phrases in double-quotation marks
- ‘show_alpha’ => false by default, use true to activate
- ‘show_beta’ => false by default, use true to activate
- ‘show_rc’ => false by default, use true to activate
- ‘show_stable’ => false by default, use true to activate
- ‘only_admin’ => false by default, use true to activate
NB: Custom CSS may be required when this shortcode is used with some Themes.
- Q: Why would I want to use this plugin / widget?
To show your faith in WordPress code and the developers who write it.
- Q: My custom styles are no working, what happened?
WordPress essentially removes the existing files and folders of a plugin and replaces them with the new updated package, including any custom stylesheet you may have added. This would remove you old customizations. To future proof these additions you can now use the
/bns-customs/folder (you may need to create this folder) under
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“BNS Early Adopter” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “BNS Early Adopter” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Released August 2015
- Updated to use PHP5 constructor objects
- Released May 2015
- Added “BNS Early Adopter Update Message” function
- Added better i18n support
- Added default
- Minor documentation updates
- Removed extraneous comments and updated copyright years
- Released November 2014
- Changed textdomain to
- Added sanity checks for
- Released May 2014
- Added optional shortcode_atts filter variable
- Added new FAQ referencing the
- Define location for BNS plugin customizations
- Move to use generic folder for all “BNS” plugins to use
- Updated required version of WordPress to 3.6
- Updated compatibility version
- Updated copyright years
- Released December 2013
- Code Reformatting and version compatibility update
- Released July 2013
- Corrected Administrator Only conditional and added admin only classes
- Added filter for “Administrator ONLY View” text
- Released April 2013
- Fixed conditional logic used to display plugin
- Refactored where $ea_display boolean value is set
- Release February 2013
- Added code block termination comments
- Added more i18n compatibility
- Change to PHP5 style class code format
- Changed constructor function name (BNS_Early_Adopter_Widget) to __construct (i.e.: PHP5 code format)
- Moved all code into class structure
- Pushed minimum required WordPress version to 3.2 to handle PHP5 requirement
- Release November 2012
- Documentation updates
- Optimized output buffer code used in the shortcode function
- Remove load_plugin_textdomain as redundant
- Documentation updates
- Programmatically add version number to enqueue calls
- Compatible with WordPress 3.4.1
- Fix issue of plugin not displaying with stable versions
margin: 0to ‘h3.bnsea-output’
- Updated screenshot
- Added conditional display widget check: if no version is checked, or no matching version is found the widget will not be displayed.
- Cleaned up grammar conditional statements
- Added only show administrators option
- Added shortcode support
- Added screenshot of default widget option panel
- Initial Release.