Blue Wrench Video Widget enables the user to embed videos from various video sharing networks such as Vimeo, YouTube, Metacafe etc into your widget box. You don’t need to search for confusing
<embed> HTML for videos. Simply copy the video’s URL from your web browser’s address bar and paste it in ‘Add new video’ page and add ‘Blue Wrench Video Widget’ from WP-Admin >> Appearance >> Widgets to desired area.
Supported Video Networks
Install Plugin Using Search
- Search for Blue Wrench Videos Widget in Add New Plugins
- Click ‘Install Now’ in search results row
- Click ‘OK’ to accept plugin installation
- Once installed, click Activate Plugin link
or, install Plugin in .ZIP Format
- Visit Plugins > Add New > Upload in WordPress admin
- Upload blue-wrench-videos-widget.2.0.1.zip file
- Once uploaded, click Activate Plugin link
- Is there a way to use this without the widget?
I am adding shortcode support to the upcoming releases. It should be ready very soon.
- I need to add a video from non-supported video networks? How can I do that?
Please shoot me an email and let me know the video network name you wish to use within this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Blue Wrench Video Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Interface changes
- Major bugs fixed
- Added Support for Ted Videos
- Added Support for Ustream Videos
- Added strong validations to prevent Cross-site request forgery (CSRF)
- Added Support for CollegeHumor Videos
- Added Support for FunnyOrDie Videos
- Added Support for VideoJug Videos
- Minor fixes
- URL Maximum length increased to 255 characters
- Added Support for Yahoo! Videos
- Added Support for LiveLeak.com Videos
- Added Support for Revision3 Videos
- Added Widget Layout settings (Grid View/List View)
- Fixed Vimeo video embed code issues
- Added Screenshots
- Added Support for break.com videos
- Initial Release