How does it work?
Blip is a wrapper for MooTools Slideshow 2! by Aeron Glemann with some nifty client-side RSS-reading magic. If you like Blip, please show your support to him.
What are the features?
- Verified to work with SmugMug, Flickr, MobileMe, Picasa Web and Photobucket Media RSS Feeds
- Theoretically compatible with any Media RSS Feed
- WordPress templates load immediately; reading of Media RSS Feeds is performed in the background
- Supports server-side caching of Media RSS Feeds via a writable cache directory for extra performance (must be enabled in Settings)
- Supports client-side caching of Media RSS Feeds via HTTP 304 for extra performance (must be enabled in Settings)
- Supports multiple slideshows in a single post/page
- Supports Lightbox plugins such as Lightbox Plus, jQuery Colorbox, jQuery Lightbox For Native Galleries, Slimbox, WP-Slimbox2 and Gameplorer's WPColorBox
What is Media RSS?
Media RSS (MRSS) is an RSS extension used for syndicating multimedia files (audio, video, image) in RSS feeds. Like your WordPress
RSS news feed, media RSS lists pictures instead of articles from photo-sharing websites.
Where can I find my RSS feed URL?
- SmugMug has a Help page and some examples.
- Flickr has a Help page. Also worth checking out is DeGrave.com's Flickr RSS Feed Generator.
- Picasa Web has a Using RSS Feeds page and a Creating custom RSS feeds page.
- Photobucket has a Help page.
- For MobileMe, click the "Subscribe" icon found at the top of your MobileMe gallery on the MobileMe website. Note: This icon is on the public version of your gallery (gallery.me.com). Not the version you see when you are logged in (www.me.com).
How can I contact the author?
Send me a question or comment at my webpage.