Cute Records can manage albums, track lists, lyrics, album covers, mp3 files, and more.
You can display a list of released albums, or just one album. The lyrics and album covers are displayed inside a Fancybox window (jquery). The MP3’s are streamed online using a built-in lightweight flash player. Easily set the image size of the album covers. Customize layout using CSS. The records can be displayed inside a post or a page, using shortcodes. You can also display a selected record in an area by using the built-in widget.
Bizarski Cute Records Plugin – Features
This is a list of the main features that this plugin has. For feature suggestions, feel free to contact Bizarski.
- Easily upload an album cover. The image will be automatically resized and cropped.
- Add information about a record: album name, release date, album format, and record label.
- Add additional information: artist name, catalog number, and more.
- Add up to three buttons with customizable text and links.
- Display a list of records inside a page or a post.
- Limit and offset the list of records for pagination.
- Display details of specific album.
- Display the album cover of a specific album, thumbnail or full-size.
- Display the album cover of a specific album inside a widget with customizable link.
- Add information about a track: name, number, and length.
- Add additional information: link to video, and lyrics.
- Upload an mp3 of a track and let visitors listen to it online.
- Set mp3 file to be downloadable.
- Display the track list of each album in the list of all records.
- Separately display the track list of a specific album.
- Lyrics will be displayed inside a Fancybox window.
- Video link will be opened in a new window.
- MP3 will be streamed online using a built-in lightweight flash player.
The Bizarski Cute Records plugin currently has 4 shortcodes.
- Display a list of all records: [cuterecords_display]
- Display 5 records after skipping 10: [cuterecords_display limit=5 offset=10]
- Display a list of the latest 5 records with their track lists included: [cuterecords_display limit=5 show_tracklist=1]
- Display details of specific album: [cuterecords_display id=1 show_tracklist=1]
Display an album cover
- Display the full-size album cover of record #1: [cuterecords_show_full_cover id=1]
- Display a thumbnail of the album cover of record #1: [cuterecords_show_cover id=1]
Display track list
- Display the track list of record #1: [cuterecords_tracklist id=1]
- Sometimes the Fancybox window appears behind the website menu. To fix this issue, go to your theme’s CSS file and look for z-index rules that have a value higher than 1100. Change their value to 1099 and save the file.
- The plugin “Google Analytics for WordPress by Yoast” causes Fancybox to misbehave.
- Flash player’s button in all versions below 1.4.1 will not work in Internet Explorer.
- All versions below 1.4.0 will cause issues in the Dashboard of WordPress 3.5 and above.
- The track player in version 1.2.0 could crash, and is very heavy on the browser. Please, upgrade to higher version for a lightweight player.
- Upgrading from version 1.1.0 to any newer version will delete all album covers and mp3’s.
- Upgrading from version 1.0.0 to any newer version will delete all widget links.
- Download, install, and activate the Bizarski Cute Records plugin.
- From your WordPress Dashboard, go to Cute Records > Manage Records/Tracks > New Record/Track > Follow the on-screen cues.
- Go to a post/page, and enter one of the shortcodes to display one or more records.
For more details, you can also have a look at the plugin homepage.
Contributors & Developers
“Bizarski Cute Records” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Bugfix: Fixed flash player’s button issue in Internet Explorer.
- Bugfix: Fixed incompatibility issues with WordPress 3.5.
- Changed: Improved filtering by record in the track management.
- Bugfix: fixed issues with opening lyrics and streaming mp3 files.
- NEW: Added a shortcode argument for displaying a specific album.
- Changed: Reordered the elements of album specification.
- Removed: Removed the fields “Album type” and “Running time” from album specification.
- NEW: Added a “More info” field for records.
- Secured: Don’t allow downloading of streaming mp3 files.
- Changed: Converted the mp3 player script into a jquery plugin.
- Bugfix: Made the flash player lightweight, no longer crashing.
- NEW: Added filtering by album in the track management.
- NEW: Added an “Artist Name” field for records.
- NEW: Added a flash mp3 player for streaming mp3 files.
- NEW: Added choice between opening links in new window, or same window.
- NEW: Added a “Downloadable” option for uploaded mp3 file.
- NEW: Added a “Video” field for tracks.
- NEW: Added a “Catalog Number” field for records.
- Changed: Cleaned up folder structure.
- Changed: Moved file storage to WordPress’s “upload” folder.
- NEW: Added support for displaying a track list for each album in list: [cuterecords_display show_tracklist=1]
- Changed: When clicked, the album cover will be displayed in its full size inside a Fancybox window.
- NEW: Added support for up to three buttons per album.
- NEW: Added support for uploading mp3 files of album tracks.
- NEW: Added support for custom URL inside the widget.
- Bugfix: Fixed a display issue with longer album titles.