A simple plugin for musicians to show off their gigs in an elegant way. Perfect for rock bands. You can display upcoming and past events in a page or a post, using shortcodes. Upcoming events can also be displayed in a widget. Each gig can have its own poster and links. When the poster thumbnail is clicked, the full-size image is displayed in a Fancybox window (jQuery). Size of thumbnails is customizable.
Bizarski Cute Gigs Plugin – Features
This is a list of the main features that this plugin has. For feature suggestions, feel free to contact Bizarski.
- Easily upload a gig poster. The image will be automatically resized and cropped.
- Add information about a gig: date, location, start time, price, other artists.
- Add up to three buttons with customizable text and links.
- Display a list of upcoming gigs inside a page or a post.
- Display a list of past gigs inside a page or a post.
- Limit and offset the list of events for pagination.
- Display the poster of the earliest upcoming gig inside a widget.
The Bizarski Cute Gigs plugin currently has 2 shortcodes.
- Display a list of all upcoming gigs: [cutegigs_upcoming_gigs]
- Display a list of all past gigs: [cutegigs_past_gigs]
- Display 5 past gigs after skipping 10: [cutegigs_past_gigs limit=5 offset=10]
- Display 10 past gigs with hidden buttons: [cutegigs_past_gigs limit=10 hide_buttons=1]
- Sometimes the Fancybox window appears behind the website menu. To fix this issue, go to your theme’s CSS file and look for z-index rules that have a value higher than 1100. Change their value to 1099 and save the file.
- The plugin “Google Analytics for WordPress by Yoast” causes Fancybox to misbehave.
- Upgrading from version 1.0.0 to any newer version will delete all uploaded posters.
- All versions below 1.2.0 will cause issues in the Dashboard of WordPress 3.5 and above.
- Download, install, and activate the Bizarski Cute Gigs plugin.
- From your WordPress Dashboard, go to Cute Gigs > Manage Gigs > New Gig > Follow the on-screen cues.
- Go to a post/page, and enter one of the shortcodes to display a list of upcoming or past gigs.
For more details, you can also have a look at the plugin homepage.
Contributors & Developers
“Bizarski Cute Gigs” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Bugfix: Fixed incompatibility issues with WordPress 3.5.
- NEW: Added choice between opening links in new window, or same window.
- NEW: Added support for up to three buttons per gig.
- Changed: Moved file storage to WordPress’s “upload” folder.