Enter your Bitcoin address via the settings page and choose whether you want it to appear on posts/pages. A button will appear and, when clicked, an iframe is loaded with a qr code allowing your readers to donate to you.
100% goes to you and does so directly.
The plugin adds 4 externally hosted files to the DOM:
2 Image files
1 CSS File
The files are identical. The file that is loaded depends on your protocol. If your site uses ‘https’ then the ‘https’ version must be loaded.
1) Loads the ammount of donations via an ajax function performed on “htt://bittip.it”
2) Attaches a click event to the button to open the iframe for donating
3) Creates the outer frame of the popup
While these files could be hosted on wordpress, it is neater if they are hosted off site as the majority of users will have copied the snippit directly from the site, opposed to installing the WordPress plugin.
- Install by uploading the file to your plugin directory.
- Configure settings
- How do I get a Bitcoin address
A) For all Bitcoin related questions, please contact the internet
- Why is it showing the same counter on every page?
A) Bittip.It uses the Bitcoin address to count donations, not the url (like Flattr). Generate a new address if you want the counter to reset to 0.
Contributors & Developers
“Bittip.It – Bitcoin Donation Button” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors