Your online store must use WooCommerce platform (free wordpress plugin).
Once you installed and activated WooCommerce, you may install and activate Bitcoin Payments for WooCommerce.
- Fully automatic operation.
- Full automatic support for Electrum 1.x and 2.x Master Public Keys (MPK). Use any MPK and plugin recognizes it automatically.
- 100% hacker safe – by design of MPK it is impossible for hacker to steal your bitcoins even if your whole server and database is compromised and hacked.
- 100% safe against losses – no private keys are required or kept anywhere at your online store server.
- Accept payments in bitcoins directly into your personal Electrum wallet.
- Electrum wallet payment option completely removes dependency on any third party service and middlemen.
- Accept payment in bitcoins for physical and digital downloadable products.
- Add bitcoin payments option to your existing online store with alternative main currency.
- Flexible exchange rate calculations fully managed via administrative settings.
- Zero fees and no commissions for bitcoin payments processing from any third party.
- Support for many currencies.
- Set main currency of your store in any currency or bitcoin.
- Automatic conversion to bitcoin via realtime exchange rate feed and calculations.
- Ability to set exchange rate calculation multiplier to compensate for any possible losses due to bank conversions and funds transfer fees.
- Please donate BTC to help development here: 12fFTMkeu3mcunCtGHtWb7o5BcWA9eFx7R
- Deactivate plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Delete plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Yifu Guo: http://bitsyn.com/
- Bitcoin Grants: http://bitcoingrant.org/
- Chris Savery: https://github.com/bkkcoins/misc
- lowcostego: https://wordpress.org/support/profile/lowcostego
- WebDesZ: https://wordpress.org/support/profile/webdesz
- ninjastik: https://wordpress.org/support/profile/ninjastik
- timbowhite: https://github.com/timbowhite
- devlinfox: https://wordpress.org/support/profile/devlinfox
- Install WooCommerce plugin and configure your store (if you haven’t done so already – https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce/).
- Install “Bitcoin Payments for WooCommerce” wordpress plugin just like any other WordPress plugin.
- Download and install on your computer Electrum wallet program from here: https://electrum.org/
- Run and setup your wallet.
- Click on “Console” tab and run this command (to extend the size of wallet’s gap limit): wallet.storage.put(‘gap_limit’,100)
- Grab your wallet’s Master Public Key by navigating to:
Wallet -> Master Public Key, or (for older versions of Electrum): Preferences -> Import/Export -> Master Public Key -> Show
- Within your site’s WordPress admin, navigate to:
WooCommerce -> Settings -> Checkout -> Bitcoin
and paste the value of Master Public Key into “Electrum wallet’s Master Public Key” field.
- Select “Bitcoin service provider” = “Your own Electrum wallet” and fill-in other settings at Bitcoin management panel.
- Press [Save changes]
- If you do not see any errors – your store is ready for operation and to access payments in bitcoins!
- Please donate BTC to: 12fFTMkeu3mcunCtGHtWb7o5BcWA9eFx7R or via Paypal to: email@example.com
All supporters will be acknowledged and listed within plugin repository!
THIS PLUGIN WILL REDIRECT PAYMENTS TO AN UNKNOWN WALLET THAT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU
DO NOT USE!!!!!
If your Electrum wallet is 2-Factor (TrustedCoins), MPK will generate invalid (?) addresses and your customers will send the money to an unknown destinaton.
I think this problem is related with 2-Factor Wallets, since TrustedWallets charges 0.0005 BTC / transaction. Little orders will never arrive you, because this fee.
I tried with a normal – standard Electrum wallet, and everything was working.
Maybe a ISSUE with TrustCoin wallets? Maybe a developer backdoor to send funds to his own wallets?
Don’t know, still waiting a reply from Developer.
I loved this plugin when it worked. It was by far a 5 out of 5! Although it doesn’t work anymore due to the following errors:
Google Chrome web-browser error:
SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0
Firefox web-browser error:
SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data
very good plugin but when they place a order with bitcoin make the product stock go down it will cause for problems
besides that GOOD!
Great app, love the concept and generally works extremely well. Didn’t get any updates for a very long time but if that has changed then it will be 5 star soon.
Make sure you use “hard cron” to check for payments. You still have to send the “processing” email manually but that’s fine.
I fixed the issue where sales were being set to completed before the required confirmations were being met.
Basically the api calls to blockexplorer & blockchain were invalid and in the wrong order.
Ive updated it so blockchain.info is queried first, which still works using the confirmation check requirement. If this api call fails then it calls blockexplorer api which doesnt support confirmation count checking BUT, it will enforce at least 1 confirmation before showing a balance on the address.
This will version of the plugin WILL NOT WORK if you are seeking 0 confirmation count. Just use the original plugin for that.
The updated version of this plugin can be found here:
Contributors & Developers
“Bitcoin Payments for WooCommerce” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed: Bug – missing ‘$’ sign in variable.
- Fixed: Regex validation of new MPK improved.
- Fixed: Added custom replacement for base64_decode/encode to compensate for missing function at certain hosting servers.
- Fixed: DB schema type adjusted to prevent occasional record loss.
- Added: Option to autocomplete paid orders. Email will be sent to customer upon full payment received.
- Added: Email will be sent to admin upon full payment received.
- Fixed: missing hex2bin for PHP < 5.4 in ElectrumHelper.php
Added automatic drop-in replacement for possibly missing hex2bin
to support earlier versions of PHP.
- Fixed: bcmath_utils.php – fixed issue with older (<5.4) PHP versions
- not supporting  instantiation of arrays
- Fixed: bug in saving data within WooCommerce settings
- Fixed: issue with curl
- Fixed: Support for Electrum 2.x Master Public Key
- Added: New, faster math processing library
- Fixed “Unable to determine exchange rate error”
- Added detailed help for managing hard cron jobs within settings. Improved interface of admin settings area.
- Fixed ‘cannot determine exchange rates’ error for certain rare currencies.
- Added validation of connection to BTC exchange rate services in setup screen to prevent running store with disabled internet connections or essential PHP functions disabled.
- Installation instructions updated within this file.
- Upgraded to support WooCommerce 2.1+
- Upgraded to support WordPress 3.9
- Fixed bug in cron forcing excessive generation of new bitcoin addresses.
- Fixed bug disallowing finding of new bitcoin addresses to use for orders.
- Fixed buggy SQL query causing issues with delayed order processing even when desired number of confirmations achieved.
- Added support for many more currencies.
- Corrected bitcoin exchange rate calculation using: bitcoinaverage.com, bitcoincharts.com and bitpay.com
- MtGox APIs, services and references completely eliminated from consideration.
- Added ‘bitcoins_refunded’ field to order to input refunded value for tracking.
- Minor upgrade – screenshots fix.
- Added support for much faster GMP math library to generate bitcoin addresses. This improves performance of checkout 3x – 4x times.
Special thanks to Chris Savery: https://github.com/bkkcoins/misc
- Improved compatibility with older versions of PHP now allowing to use plugin in wider range of hosting services.
- Improved upgradeability from older versions.
- Added full support for Electrum Wallet’s Master Public Key – the math algorithms allowing for the most reliable, anonymous and secure way to accept online payments in bitcoins.
- Improved overall speed and responsiveness due to multilevel caching logic.
- Added QR code image to Bitcoin checkout screen and email.
Credits: WebDesZ: https://wordpress.org/support/profile/webdesz
- Fixed: very slow loading due to MtGox exchange rate API issues.
- Fixed PHP warnings for repeated ‘define’s within bwwc-include-all.php
- Implemented security check (secret_key validation logic) to prevent spoofed IPN requests.
- Fixed IPN callback notification invocation specific to WC 2.x
- Fixed incoming IP check logic for IPN (payment notification) requests.
- Fixed inability to save settings bug.
- Added compatibility with both WooCommmerce 1.x and 2.x